Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF)
DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF)
Hi Apneaboard,

Attached is a PDF document directly from Philips that explains the various humidification options available in Dreamstation machines including temperature and humidity set points.

I have not been able to find this information in any Philips manuals or their website.

Of note is that both Fixed and Adaptive humidification modes do not appear to work when a heated tube is used.  A separate Heated Tube Mode is used instead with different temperature/RH setpoints.  This is not explained anywhere in the manual to my knowledge.

Hope this of some help to some of you.

Attached Files
.pdf   DreamStation Sleep Therapy System Humidification Options.pdf (Size: 73.32 KB / Downloads: 12)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF)
Basically you can perceive heated tube mode as adaptive+heated tube.
And the temp and humidity sensor is near the air inlet so it should only measures the room temp and RH, the RH given in adaptive and HT mode should be an estimation, and I think it's quite roughly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2022, 09:23 PM)zellem Wrote: Basically you can perceive heated tube mode as adaptive+heated tube.
And the temp and humidity sensor is near the air inlet so it should only measures the room temp and RH, the RH given in adaptive and HT mode should be an estimation, and I think it's quite roughly.

That is a good way of putting it.  It does explain my (poor) experience with the humidification system ever since I first got my Dreamstation.  I always disliked the variability in the Adapative heating and would rather prefer the constant heating that Fixed mode provides.

However, even after changing the setting to Fixed I noticed that it didn't make much of a difference.  Now I know why!  I was using a heated tube the entire time.

Its dumb that the machine still lets you select Adapative and Fixed modes when using a heated tube.  They should have disabled those settings when a heated tube is attached so as to not confuse users.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ironically if you use the Encore to view the device setting, you'll see the full content of that setting -- 'humidification mode on heated tube disconnect'.
Unlike the system one you can use a heated tube and disable the HT function, DS will mandatory switch to the heated tube mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 3 124 17 minutes ago
Last Post: arturg
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 52 725 3 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 59 1,018 5 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 473 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 486 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  OviBerger - AC11 Therapy OviBerger 3 96 04-09-2024, 09:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.