Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Melissa's treatment thread
RE: Melissa's treatment thread
Melissa, just a note to say you're doing great! I'm sorry your first night was upsetting, but you solved the problem and are off and running now.

For your sore nose, you might try a tiny dab of Lansinoh, an ointment that nursing mothers use to sooth sore nipples. Quite a few PAP users find it helpful for a sore nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo, I know exactly what you’re talking about. I’ll have to get some. Thank you for your kind suggestion!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many online sellers have 30-day mask guarantees of different types, too, and I've see a lot of sales recently.

Here are some links with information on how to organize and post charts, which will make them a lot easier to read.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board

I agree with Dormeo -- you're doing great!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the encouragement Lucid!

You guys are great here.

I’m currently at work, so I was trying to work on that while on my break (I work from home). Thanks for the tips. They’re very useful and I’ll be sure to utilize them henceforth.
Post Reply Post Reply
So in today’s saga, I’ve been using my CPAP for the last 3 nights. I haven’t had any leaks, but my face feels slightly tender, almost like a bruise is forming. Do you think my mask is on too tight?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible the mask is on too tight. As with many CPAP things, your best bet is to experiment. Try loosening the mask just a little bit. If this doesn't produce giant or disruptive leaks, stick with it for a few nights to see whether your face gets more comfortable. If you're still sore, try loosening a little bit more. Rinse and repeat.

Keep us posted on how it's going!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dormeo! I appreciate your words of wisdom as well as encouragement!
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember reading that with some masks you need to have the pressure on and pull them out slightly from your face to inflate the silicone, creating the seal.  That way you're able to fasten the mask a bit more loosely.  It was probably one of the full face masks, but the principle might apply to this one, too.

I would need some kind of liner with this mask, because too much contact with silicone occludes and irritates my skin.  Although your description sounds more like excess pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lucid, I think I may agree with you that it is too much pressure the more I think about it. I really do like this mask. It’s quite comfortable, other than sucking to my face like a second skin. Big Grin I’ve gotten 11-12 hours of sleep with it on, with hardly any issues. It was the p30i. So we’ll see how that one treats me once I get it.

I did end up purchasing the other mask that was mentioned in this thread as a backup and to try out to see if I like that one better or to give my face a rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo, the lansinoh cream has been working well. Unfortunately, it came in a glass jar and my cats decided it was better on the floor. So, I repurchased in a tube. So now I’m waiting for that to come in. In the meantime, I’ve been using my vitamin c ointment that seems to be working pretty well too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 17 610 7 hours ago
Last Post: bsroberts
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,195 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 117 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,443 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,089 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 169 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 750 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.