Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] My very first two nights!
My very first two nights!
Two days ago I got my brand new friend Prisma Smart from Lowenstein.

I'm completely new in all this. What do you think about my charts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My very first two nights!
Overall looks good - how did you feel the next morning after each of these nights?

1. Work on your mask leaks, since you're using a FFM you'll want to tighten the mask a bit and then put your chin to your chest and make sure it's still tight in that position as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned, leaks could improve.

Could you re-post the flowrate graph with FL disabled, then also show us the flow-limit graph, and the summary of statistics and device information in the left panel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for not responding...

This is my latest night stats.

1.) I can't find flow limitation graph anywhere?

2.) should I be concered about high FL number?

Post Reply Post Reply
That is quite a few flow limitations and quite a few leaks. Flow limitations are treated with pressure with pressure relief. Looks like you could use a bit more IPAP pressure and softPAP.

Hard to tell with the Löwenstein machines OSCAR output, but there could be some positional going on, possibly chin-tucking which could help explain the clustering of flow limitations. A soft cervical collar should help.

Before making changes though, lets see what is in the left column for settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2023, 09:11 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: That is quite a few flow limitations and quite a few leaks. Flow limitations are treated with pressure with pressure relief. Looks like you could use a bit more IPAP pressure and softPAP.

Hard to tell with the Löwenstein machines OSCAR output, but there could be some positional going on, possibly chin-tucking which could help explain the clustering of flow limitations. A soft cervical collar should help.

Before making changes though, lets see what is in the left column for settings.

Thanks for the answer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the extra information. You already have softPAP set to standard, so no place to go there. Prisma Smart devices only have 2 levels of pressure relief, the PrismaLine Touch added a third.

I am not sure how they calculate flow limitations, so will have to put faith in the representation. Same goes for SoftPAP. It remains a mystery as well. Maybe others have more information.

Pressure looks good, so I’m going to recommend my original suggestion and go back to the soft cervical collar as something to try. If the flow limitations are from neck kinking, then the collar should resolve most if not all. There are some positional hypopnoea’s in the first chart, so that is an indicator to consider as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Compare two nights - Leaky Mask Help apneavolt 3 223 09-28-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oscar data - first 3 nights Pugilist555 1 128 09-26-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] 5 nights in.....grumpier,forgetful and very tired! toby2111 28 1,550 08-26-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  First 2 nights Narcil 48 3,447 08-08-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  OSCAR data for first 2 full face nights flyingcrowgang 2 212 08-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: flyingcrowgang
  OSCAR data after first two "successful" nights ElDesperado 1 203 08-07-2024, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  34 horrible nights - how many more? RigMover 3 274 07-31-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: RigMover

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.