Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Need help interpreting today's sleep report....
Question 
Need help interpreting today's sleep report....
I have not had a full night yet, recently started Sept. 1st, 2020
ResMed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP, F20 Full Mask, EPR Levl 3, 6-8 cmH2o, auto climate/humidifier

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help interpreting today's sleep report....
Welcome to the forum

I suggest a settings change to maximize the use of EPR that is set to 3. This will also help us along the way.
The min pressure should not be less than, it can be more, 4(machines min capability) + EPR so now the min should =7. Typically never less than 6,

Set Min = 7
Max = 12
EPR = 3 current setting ( I expect that we will likely suggest lowering this to reduce central apneas)
Post Reply Post Reply
In the future, we only need one chart per day that includes the events, flow rate, pressure, flow limitation, and leaks.

At a minimum pressure of 5.4 to 7.8 max with EPR 3, it is clear you need higher pressure. I will suggest a minimum pressure of 7.0, maximum pressure 14.0 and EPR full time at 3. Let's see where that takes us. Your pressure is so low right now that your EPAP does not rise above the machine's minimum pressure of 4.0 until your pressure reaches 7.0, thus the recommendation for a minimum pressure of 7.0. By the time that happens, you are overwhelmed with events, flow limitations and have run out of room for the machine to respond. Once we get a look at the more effective pressure range, further optimization will be possible, but you are not even close at this point.

EDIT: I see bonjour posted at the same time. We are both on the same page with recommendations, although I have suggested a higher maximum pressure. Take your choice, either setting will tell us what we need to now. Keep in mind your machine only increases pressure as high as needed, and we both think you need a lot more.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I agree with suggestions from bonjour and Sleeprider. Follow the advice given, and I'm sure things begin to turn positive real quick. Keep an eye on the CA activity. Best to your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
what if I take epr off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my sleep report, used a WatchPat with Chest sensor and finger probe....

Attached Files
.pdf   lofta_sleep_report.pdf (Size: 400.31 KB / Downloads: 5)
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR provides Therapeutic treatment of Flow Limits, RERAs, Hypopneas, and UARS. It is very important for these. If your central apneas increase we will evaluate and possibly suggest a compromise with a lower EPR
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2020, 11:28 AM)bonjour Wrote: EPR provides Therapeutic treatment of Flow Limits, RERAs, Hypopneas, and UARS.  It is very important for these.  If your central apneas increase we will evaluate and possibly  suggest a compromise with a lower EPR

oh ok...btw my ahi yesterday was 0.9 with same settings, the only difference was that I did some breathing exercises right before bed
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 100 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,043 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 773 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 473 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.