Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kelseyharry7557 - Therapy Thread
Kelseyharry7557 - Therapy Thread
Need help. I am experiencing wake ups with my cpap machine. The machine is breathing faster than me or perhaps as fast as I was when I was sleeping.but even after I wake it doesn’t slow down and the pressure stays elevated right around 8. I’m set on a 5-15 auto setting.I can’t get back to sleep without shutting the machine off and starting over. Resmed 11. Shouldn’t the machine revert to 5 and breathe at my pace?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap pacing breathing and staying high after I wake
As suggested in another thread you started... download the OSCAR software.  Be sure you have an SD card in the machine while you are sleeping.  Follow this link to get you started on organizing a chart and posting it here for review.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

It may just be a simple adjustment in pressure or EPR use. We can see a lot from viewing your data and help get you get on the right path.

Just for clarification, the Apap doesn't breathe for you. You are in control of your breathing. The pressure may be rising faster than you're comfortable with, and several things can cause that to happen. This is why we ask to see the data. Post a Screenshot.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respiratory rate issue resmed 11 pace is to fast
I’ve noticed when waking up and mask is still on that the machine is pushing me to breathe faster than I would naturally? Who is setting the pace me or the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kelseyharry7557 - Therapy Thread
I haven’t quite figured out how to get the information you are requesting. But I can assure you the machine is pushing my respiratory rate. I am often awakened with the mask on and the cpap in gear. Before I can finish exhaling it has me inhaling again. The cpap seems to be determining my respiratory speed. What adjustments would help me to control that.
Post Reply Post Reply
We would only be guessing at advice without seeing your data.

Follow this link for guidance:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Organize the graph from the daily page in OSCAR. We need to see the following graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitation, and Leak Rate.

Then take a Screenshot. Use F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) Standard View

Use the Attachment Feature to post the graph here.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your type of machine does not breathe for you...you are setting the pace.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 2 79 31 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 67 1,085 7 hours ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] 6bez8dF5lf - Therapy Help, 6bez8dF5lf 9 230 9 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  michaelyu15 - Therapy Help michaelyu15 18 381 10 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,365 Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,709 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,077 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.