Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New Member Instructions
New Member Instructions
Hi all. I'm fairly new to PAP and apnea (diagnosed in February), and I've been circling here just trying to find simple basic instructions on best practices to upload my current OSCAR or ReScan charts or reports for analysis and hopefully any advice for more informed adjustments. I've happily found here how to get the system adjusted for higher comfort, but there may be some minor tweaks for achieving better results. I'm very computer savvy (attachments, software, etc.) and just want any do's-and-don'ts that can be recommended. I know that protecting personal info is one of the important factors. Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Member Instructions
Welcome, there are many knowledgeable people who are here to help but they need OSCAR charts. Please see in my signature on charts to put in your screenshot. Use F12 key for the screenshot- it will format it for posting.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give your suggestion a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, this is my first attempt at uploading and attaching an image file from OSCAR. Please let me know if I'm not posting it correctly, or  in the wrong thread, etc. Thanks for indulging this newbie.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This really looks good.  In the H row you have some group events - it does not happen often but it looks like positional apnea. It comes from sleeping position, maybe from back sleeping or to high of a pillow. NOT a big deal but watch it. Many people have that problem.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You got the image in the post, but you didn't select the Insert Into Post at the bottom of the editor, across from the image name.

Please review the link in my signature, Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, quick responses. I luv this site! Regarding "positional apnea", I have a neck disc condition called Cervical Spondylosis - which is basically caused by degenerated discs and an odd curvature of the neck which results in extreme pain from pinched nerves. I'm unable to sleep on my back because of it. I just had a follow-up CPAP visit this week with my GP, and I let her know that my PAP therapy is affected by an inability to find a head position on my pillow that doesn't cause neck pain or discomfort. The newness of the mask/harness combination is a challenge even without that issue. The pain is a distraction to not only falling asleep, but to remaining asleep as well. But I'm glad to receive an encouraging eval from you. Thanks for that.

I'll be able to use your post as a guide to better uploading and sharing in the future. Thanks for the assist!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I'm new here, too, so I can't help at all but wanted to say

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2021, 04:15 PM)Needsleepasap Wrote: Hi,

I'm new here, too, so I can't help at all but wanted to say

Welcome

Thanks - and hi back! I found (here) that there is this entire webpage that explains how to share your chart. It's this link: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

AND, for anyone who's interested - I discovered how to almost completely eliminate the problem of drooling into your mask. I've had a bottle of Listerine Total Care (non alcohol) under the vanity for awhile, and a few months ago I started taking a small sip of that to gargle with and swish around in my mouth right before putting on the mask. It starts the process of drying-out my mouth and keeps the drooling from happening (other than an occasional small amount that's never enough to be a uncomfortable).

Another problem solved. I never assume that something so simple could've been though of only by me, so there're probably other threads from others who have discovered this or learned it from someone else here. Happy PAPing!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 138 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member from Down Under AussieBobJ 6 498 01-10-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: AussieBobJ
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 1,025 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,560 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  New member sghalloway 11 1,002 10-07-2023, 02:13 PM
Last Post: sghalloway
  [Pressure] New member and new OSCAR user squiddog 4 458 09-19-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: squiddog
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 429 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.