Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Restarting CPAP. Struggling with sleep
RE: New to CPAP. Struggling with sleep
There is no downside (other than cost) to a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs. a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or any of the other models in the AirSense 10 model line.

AirCurve 10 is a model line with several BiLevel models including the ASV and others that you don't really want because they are designed to treat other issues that you do not have and the AirSense 10 is a model line with 4 CPAP models including a "Brick" (no data) called "CPAP"
Post Reply Post Reply
@bonjour: Thanks for your thoughts on the AirCurve. I was less on the downsides (I understand the extra costs) but rather on the upsides on my specific case. I got only a couple of days left for my trial and could ask for another trial with the AirCurve

Now here's the result of last night:
I set ERP=3 and left the min at the same number (8.4). However, I felt hard to breathe in the air. Eventually I increased the min to 9.0 and afterwards I felt fine and was able to fall asleep.
For me, the night felt eventless and I did not wake up - at least I can't remember. After I woke up, I feel ok. No brainfog or headache so far. For the long time I slept, I do not feel fully rested. 

For the Oscar results, I see the AHI has reduced to 2.31, CAs went down. Flow limitations went down as well- but only a bit.
I still have quite a few CAs. Two clusters of CAs. Some flow rates look like CAs but were not scored as one. There are phases were the flow rates look inconsistent with RERAS thereafter. I attach a snippet as well. Are the wave forms looking normal? 

Thanks,
Philip

Post Reply Post Reply
This was what I wanted to see prior to trying a VAuto. That your CA was not increasing.

Mode: VAuto
Min EPAP: 5
Max IPAP: 14
PS: 4

The waveform is improved but still has flow limitations.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Fred.

It will take roughly a week until I have the VAuto. In the meantime, I'll stick to the current settings. But do let me know if there's anything else that I can try with the AirSense.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone!

Apologies for coming back so late. It took me a bit longer to get the bipap machine. Plus I had a nose surgery to improve my nose breathing and it took 2 weeks till I was back to normal.

@Fred: I setup the machine as per your instructions. The AHI on average went up when I tested the last few days.

Below a report. Any ideas on how to improve the setup?

FYI, I have a o2 sensor that triggers if level falls below 88% (it's shown in the chart)

Appreciate your responses!

Regards,
Philip

Post Reply Post Reply
Try a lower PS 4, down from the current 5. This should help lower the CA. The CA look to be a form of treatment emergent.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave, by turning down the PS, you should see less CA's.

If that doesn't work, there is a Trigger setting you can try. The default is set at medium, but can be turned to high. This has been shown to also lessen CA's.

But try the lower PS first. (One change at a time.)
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Restarting my CPAP journey
Hi all,

I often wake up being extremely tired (brain-fog, headaches). Sometimes it even results in migraines and inability to continue my work. That's why I started a CPAP treatment at the end of 2020. Due to a nose operation, I had paused it and somehow I also felt better. Recently however, I do get the same symptoms as in the past and wanted to restart my CPAP journey.

I have a Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto and have started with the following settings: epap 5, ipap 14, ps 3. The most recent AHI is around 4. The CAs seem treatment-emergent but I wanted to give it some more time before I change any settings (I am also not sure what to change to be honest).
So far, I even feel more tired with the treatment than before, but I hope that it will improve over time. The tiredness lasts well into the day...

Here's the OSCAR report:     

Any help (recommendations,tips) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,
Talan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restarting CPAP. Struggling with sleep
Talan  -  Welcome back!   I have merged your 2 threads and renamed the title to, Restarting CPAP. Struggling with sleep.  This was done because your post is a continuation of your original therapy thread.  By merging the two, it will provide members some of your history, in order to make better informed recommendations.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Restarting CPAP. Struggling with sleep
Thank you, Crimson! Makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 54 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 154 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 269 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 221 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.