Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Noob; wondering about equipment, info dump below
RE: Noob; wondering about equipment, info dump below
(07-19-2020, 07:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I’m beginning to think there may be a method to this madness and it’s not just a lucky guess!  Nice results.

like Happy Eyes

I will say I've gotten a very mild amount of aerophagia and some light dry mouth. I must be opening it from time to time, "doing the Fifth Element" and then shutting it again unconsciously. It's not bothering me enough to put on a chinstrap or tape, and the "mouth leaks" are so brief they're not really registering in OSCAR, so I'm not gonna mess with it for now.

But it's nothing like the gas-storm and the complete mouth-desert I was getting when using the "prescription."

It's also nice how the humidification actually works when you aren't blowing massive CFM through the system. I've had to turn down to 3 most of the time now, sometimes I wake up briefly and bump it to 4 in the middle of the sleep and then pass out again. I suspect that when you have huge pressures, the little tank (in the DreamStation at least) just can't keep up with that amount of airflow.
Post Reply Post Reply
What a difference to your first graph’s and pressures. Excellent numbers well done
Post Reply Post Reply
Hit sub-0.2 last night... Shock-2

Thank you again to everyone here for the support and helping me to get to this point. I think I'm going to stop posting further nights of data unless I run across anything problematic... I feel like I'm just "rubbing it in" to anybody who isn't getting good results. Sad

[Image: jvqyMZf.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Well you have me beat by the numbers most nights. I sure can’t think of anything else I would ask you to try at this point. Thanks for proving we can even kill it with a Philips BiPAP. I’m often guilty of promoting Resmed. I used an auto BiPAP before getting my Vauto and might not have switched with results like this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did go up last night, hit a 1.27... basically all of the "junk" was in a 15-20 minute period, oddly. 4 OAs, 2 CAs and a hypopnea.

Here's a zoom of that bad section, in case you have any suggestions, but with an otherwise "clean" night and such a low AHI, I don't know that it makes sense to fiddle with it at this point.

I figured the minute I started "bragging" about a low number it would turn around on me though. Wink

[Image: 2GuUsNt.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 234 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.