Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Oscar data help bipap
RE: Oscar data help bipap
Moemah, if you update your profile, we won't have to go hunting for your equipment Aircurve 10 ASV, settings: EPAP 6-8, PS 3-8, or what mask you use ?? Use the User Control Panel to make changes http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
If you want to re-title the thread, just ask.
For drooling, if you are certain, the cause is excess salivation, and not mask condensation, this article may have some ideas for you https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-stop-drooling
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
your most recently posted screenshot indicates ps 3-11. your profile indicates 19/14; that doesn't look like an asv setting. if you told us your current settings, I apologize for missing it.

by the numbers in your last screenshot, you're well titrated. no need to change a thing unless you have complaints about fatigue or comfort issues. my understanding is your current question relates to controlling drooling and that you've already tried the common methods we use to keep our lips/mouths sealed.

I don't know how you arrived at your current settings but my thinking is that if you've tried common methods without success you might find relief in lower pressure without dramatically raising ahi. if you're lucky. just one way to find out and you've started down that path by reducing max ps to 8.

soooo, how long have you been at max ps 8? how do your results compare to 11? do you feel better or worse? any affect on drooling?

let's see your latest charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am attaching data over 2 posts as i can't attach more than 3 images per post.

First post will contain data for settings i have been using for 3 weeks +
Epap : min 6 max 7
Ps : min 3 max 8
Nasal pillows p30i + soft collar + somni fix + 3mm mouth tape

Second post will contain yesterdays suggestion to lower PS and try to see
Epap : min 5 max 6
Ps : min 1 max 6
Nasal pillows p30i + soft collar + somni fix + 3mm mouth tape

Results
Comfort and treatment efficacy (note epap has always been around same range 6-8 with 1 cm up and down)
min ps 3-15
most uncomfortable with aerophagia and lots of drooling same ahi as other settings and not much difference in energy and feeling from other settings
min ps 3-8
more comfortable , slightly lower level of drooling yet i cannot sleep past 6:30 hour mark without being woken up with drool. same feeling of energy as above setting
min ps 1-6
based on yesterdays night. Much less drooling although woken up on still small amount. Was able to sleep longer 8 hours (but needs more testing)

Based on above observation i would say latest setting seems okay? but i am not sure based on charts if i am negatively impacting my treatment and should still stick to 3-8 min Ps as per this post to get maximum treatment effect while trying to find ways to lower drool

Thanks everyone, second post to follow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
This is the second post (please refer to post above for part 1) following sheepless suggestion to go even lower on settings and oscar results are here

Epap: min 5 max 6
Ps: min 1 max 6
Nasal pillows p30i + soft collar + somni fix + 3mm mouth tape

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2021, 08:21 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Moemah, if you update your profile, we won't have to go hunting for your equipment Aircurve 10 ASV, settings: EPAP 6-8, PS 3-8, or what mask you use ??  Use the User Control Panel to make changes http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php
If you want to re-title the thread, just ask.  
For drooling, if you are certain, the cause is excess salivation, and not mask condensation, this article may have some ideas for you https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-stop-drooling

You are right, this is my bad. I updated profile with data and added 2 posts to cover latest summary of what I been doing. Thanks for reminder !
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2021, 09:43 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: My asking for an OSCAR was based on this first post page 4 where you're saying your now on ASV but not gaining more sleep and the feeling of well rested. I wanted to see the sleep data with the ASV as there's likely setting edits needing to be done.

The last one I saw, the pie chart and calendar were blocking more important ASV setting info. I prefer to see data when helping adjust the ASV.

I updated the thread with info, should be last 2 posts before this reply. Please let me know what data i can provide or if there is a better format or something blocked you needed. I appreciate you taking time to help !
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2021, 02:54 PM)sheepless Wrote: your most recently posted screenshot indicates ps 3-11. your profile indicates 19/14; that doesn't look like an asv setting. if you told us your current settings, I apologize for missing it.

by the numbers in your last screenshot, you're well titrated. no need to change a thing unless you have complaints about fatigue or comfort issues. my understanding is your current question relates to controlling drooling and that you've already tried the common methods we use to keep our lips/mouths sealed.

I don't know how you arrived at your current settings but my thinking is that if you've tried common methods without success you might find relief in lower pressure without dramatically raising ahi. if you're lucky. just one way to find out and you've started down that path by reducing max ps to 8.

soooo, how long have you been at max ps 8? how do your results compare to 11? do you feel better or worse? any affect on drooling?

let's see your latest charts.

I updated the thread with what i have been up to for past 3 weeks plus and settings etc should be 3 posts above this with oscar data of ps 3-8 vs 1-6

In terms for treatment all settings i have tried as per other posts ps 3/11 or 3/15 or 3/8 they all more or less cause me to sleep 6 hours and basically more or less feel same. Lower pressure is more comfortable for me. I have arrived at 3/8 by consulting members and feeling more comfortable without much difference in how i feel in terms of treatment. However the drooling issue never went away no matter what i do ( tape, full face mask , somni fix, collars etc) 

I spent 3 weeks plus on ps 3-8. Now trying your suggestion to go even lower (i am now at min 1 max 6 PS) drooling seemed to be less last night and i seem to have slept longer and feel about same compared to 3-8, however not sure just based on charts if am accidentally ruining my treatment and should stick even longer to 3-8 or maybe work my way to 3-8 again from 1-6

Thanks once again for offering your insights.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd need to look at it more, but I'd think you'd want a bigger range for EPAP than 5-6 in the last OSCAR I saw. However it comes down to your comfort. If you have comfort AND feeling better, build a trend. If you don't have these 2 then settings do need to change, for feel and comfort not for numbers change as I see it with these OSCAR charts.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
all the most recent charts are very good. I don't see any significant negative effects from reducing your ps/ipap and so far, by the numbers, I think lower is actually better (although we'll have to wait a while to establish a trend). you've indicated drooling might be a bit less at these lower settings. looks to me like you can continue incrementally reducing pressure, first ps, then epap if necessary, until we start seeing negative effects, like dramatically increasing ahi or flow limitations. barring that, affects on comfort (like drooling) should be your guide.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with sheepless, the latest graphs look like excellent therapy with very steady minute vent, tidal volume and low low event rate. All respiratory statistics are right on the money. We prefer to go by how you feel, but you are totally killing it by the numbers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 33 38 minutes ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 56 Yesterday, 09:13 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 72 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 406 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.