Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel
RE: Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel
Have you tried lowering your EPAP pressure to see what happens?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only chart that is particularly useful in evaluating your therapy efficacy and pressure settings is the one I included below. Make your life easier and just post this one next time, and if we need more we can ask.  While you have lost significant weight, that may not translate to a need to change settings. This continues to look pretty good.  You clearly don't need the maximum pressure of 18.  The only way to know if you tolerate lower EPAP would be to try a lower minimum pressure, but from what I see here, 7.0 seems to work very well as a minimum, and when flow limitations rise, the EPAP also increases.  I'm not really in favor of making changes to these settings which are effective and comfortable with more consistent pressure. Leaks may be a result of changes in your face shape and you may want to look at mask fit.  Your profile offers no clue what you are using and you might want to update that. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/usercp.php   As far as flow, your tidal volume and minute vent have not changed according to median statistics.  You seem to have beaten the positional issues and are getting much better results.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=51372]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider

Thank you very much. I apologize for the unnecessary screenshots. 

I am using the AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not bothered at all by the extra images, just thought I'd make your life easier. I have used the P10 forever, and it seems to be unaffected by weight changes and even my rhinophyma. It is really prone to losing elasticity in the headgear and needs to be clean for a good seal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
@sleeprider

You are a blessing. I want to make your life easier for all this great work you do.  I agree with that headgear stretching out over time, but overall such a great device.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not done so yet, if I did, what setting would you recommend? Thank you :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 24 1,194 13 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 296 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.