Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization
ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization
Hello all,

I'm reaching out to the community for some guidance on optimizing the settings on my ResMed Autoset 11 CPAP machine. I've recently been diagnosed with sleep apnea and I'm using it in APAP mode with the prescribed default settings of 4 min and 20 max pressure.

While these default settings often give me good AHI results (< 1), I've been experiencing some unpleasant side effects. Specifically, I struggle with bloating, burping, gas, acid reflux, and abdominal pain from aerophagia. The pressure would go up to around 7 and it would be hard to exhale against it. I find it hard to exhale against the increased pressure. Additionally, when the pressure increases during sleep apnea events, it tends to wake me up, disrupting my sleep.

In an attempt to find a more comfortable solution, I tried using the EPR setting at level 3. This allowed me to sleep through the night without interruptions, which was a significant improvement. However, my AHI numbers took a hit, worsening compared to the default settings. I also felt tired throughout the day.

My goal is to find the optimal balance between comfort and effective treatment, minimizing the side effects while still achieving a satisfactory AHI. I would greatly appreciate any insights or recommendations from experienced CPAP users who have faced similar challenges.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. What pressure settings (minimum and maximum) would work well for managing aerophagia while still treating sleep apnea effectively?
  2. What EPR level is beneficial for alleviating the discomfort of increased pressure during apnea events?
  3. Are there any other settings or adjustments I should consider trying to improve my overall CPAP experience?
I've included two Oscar results - the one with 0.39 AHI is from my first day using the machine with the default settings, and the one with the 3.08 AHI is from changing it to EPR3.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 850 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Failure Mode? mcman56 3 232 07-09-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 12 21,002 06-30-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [CPAP] Autoset doesn't do much for me -- with one exception rrstv 3 227 06-17-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Autoset Standard or Soft for FLs? DavidAM 2 256 06-15-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: DavidAM
  [CPAP] Going back to sleep with resmed 10 autoset hdsheena 4 294 06-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: hdsheena
  Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet question. Big Guy 29 970 06-04-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: fixed it

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.