Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP
Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP
Hello all,

I hope this finds you well.

I require a device with a backup rate, my physician told me that the respiratory therapist for the DME, told him that the Resmed Aircurve 11 V-auto has a backup rate. Can someone please shed some light on whether it has a rate or not?

Thank you for your time
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP
Unfotunately, no the VAuto does not have backup rate. In the ResMed lineup, the ones that do have backup rate are ASV used for Central Apnea, and then the ST and ST-A that ResMed says are for respiratory disease. These do also treat Apnea.The ResMed 10 AirCurve Series will be just fine for a replacement. Some users of the 11 Series CPAP have been having a few issues, and I myself would rather the old reliable 10.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for answering that, my doctor also mentioned the ST and ST-A, due to other health issues I cannot use the ASV, but during my last sleep study just an backup rate mode effectively dealt with my symptoms. 

Is there any way to disable the alarms for the ST-A?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, alarms are programmable, optional not required.

Which exact DreamStation did/do you have?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey,

Thanks for letting me know. I've never had alarms on before so I don't really like them.

I currently am using the Respironics DreamStation Bipap that only has fixed pressure, there aren't any other modes like Backup rate so its just fixed.

My doc wants to add in a backup rate because that managed my symptoms well in the sleep study. Since Respironics can't be trusted, my doc gave me the choice of the Aircurve 10 ST, The Aircurve 10 ST-A, or the Aircurve 11 V-Auto which he thought had the backup rate but upon further research it doesn't. Wdyt?
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, of those your best choice is ST-A, due to the backup rate requirement from the doctor. All these ResMed AirCurve 10 series look similar, use the same hose, filter, humidifier tub. The internal algorithm is what makes them different. You'll see the specific name in gold in the lower right front.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood, thank you so much man.

Question, what's the difference between the ST and the ST-A and in this case why would you prefer it over the ST?

Thanks for your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ST-A is smarter, it has advanced modes shared with the ventilator class.

The ResMed ST is spontaneous timed and I don't recall it Auto adjusting, or having a pressure range.

The ST machine delivers a pressure wave much like a square wave, on...off ...on...off meaning IPAP inhale pressure going on off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Understood thanks a ton. 

Is there a significant weight or dimensions difference? I travel a lot so being somewhat portable would be beneficial. 

And lastly I was hesitant to go for the ST-A, honestly because of the nuisance of alarms, but I suppose that isn't a factor cuz you mentioned they can all be removed right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Keesh23,

If you would like a Clinicians Manual for the ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A , order it for download here:  

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

When requesting a manual, enter the "exact" name of the machine as listed above.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOS Urgent : Request for Analysis of My Data Please Anewser 9 317 Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Resmed Aircurve 10 S mode to Vauto ischua 5 344 06-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  initial aircurve pacewave setup cexer 34 790 06-22-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 5 146 06-17-2024, 09:17 PM
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 3 124 06-17-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Aircurve 10 VAuto and Large Leak Problems GeorgeGus 4 262 06-07-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: GeorgeGus
  [Diagnosis] Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Leak Rate munchai 11 381 06-07-2024, 04:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.