Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Eliminated flow limits when switched to S mode
Eliminated flow limits when switched to S mode
so I have an aircurve 10 Vauto, after 3 years of struggle, i have found that the best mode for me was "S" mode with EPAP and IPAP same @11.6 and easy breath on, Timax 2.0 and Ti min 0.6 Trigger low and Cycle Very high with ramp time 20mns as 8.6
 NO flow limits anymore not once!
I still have my arousal jerks issues but my question is:
IS there a cheaper Resmed machine that can produce the above settings?
Also if i travel is there a travel machine that can have the same options ?

thanks
[attachment=42290][attachment=42289]
RE: Eliminated flow limits when switched to S mode
I don't believe that Flow Limitations show up when using S mode.

The same when using an AutoSet in Cpap mode. Flow Limitations only record in Auto mode.

Yes, you can duplicate the settings on a Cpap/Apap machine, but you won't have a lot of the "extra" settings that the VAuto has.

I don't know much about travel machines. The AirMini isn't compatible witH OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
The VAuto in VAuto mode with Min Exp = Max Ins = 11.6 WILL produce the same results, daily variations excepted, but not the same report.

We often suggest just that to mimic S mode but get better, more complete reporting.
Yes, when I placed my Vauto in S-Mode I was mightily impressed that I had no Flow Limitations. Cool

Until it was pointed out that FL are not recorded or displayed in the S-Mode !  Huhsign

Just for interest: Both my Vauto and AutoSet For Her (10) show FL when in CPAP mode, especially when I go flat e.g. min 8 max 8 with no EPR!

The ResMed For Her and Vauto are not that onerous to travel with, I don't think the AirMini allows many mask options either.

[attachment=42329]
In S mode no FL are recorded as stated above. Just wondering, if you are strugling with FL, why don't you use any pressure support? Your IPAP=EPAP.
VAuto is the machine to create PS but you don't seem to use that particular feature.
(05-17-2022, 01:10 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The same when using an AutoSet in Cpap mode.  Flow Limitations only record in Auto mode.

Flow Limitations are reported on AutoSet in cpap mode (as well as by Elite fixed pressure machines).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 4 51 9 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 238 30 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.