Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
Hello again guys. So I have got my hands on a Resmed Airsense S10 Autoset with humidifier, heated tube and a Resmed Autofit N10 nasal mask.

Please help me answer the following questions.

1. What starting min/max pressures should I program in?

2. I live near the ocean just below the equator, what would be the ideal humidifier setting? I do have single nostril congestion most nights (different nostril depending on sleep position) and I hope the humidifier will help. 

3. I dont know if I am regular or occasional mouth breather. I dont have a chin strap. Do I need one? Can I fashion one DIY from a pair of socks or something?

4. My sleep study is attached.

Is there a self titration guide I can refer somewhere?

I am crossing my fingers that this will go well. First night jitters.

PS. Thank you all members for helping me with reviewing my sleep study and suggesting I get this device, esp. Sleeprider and HalfAsleep, Hojo, kiwii, SarcastiDave94 and all the other great people who took time to read and respond. Your support and encouragement has helped more than you can imagine. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. 

My original thread is this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting treatment tonight - some questions.
I suggest you start here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...re-on-cpap

It is instructions on how to "Self-titrate".

Since you have a data capable machine, you need to use an SD card, SD card reader, and software to ensure you are getting it right.

You'll need to download SleepyHead software.
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

After a few nights, post screenshots of your data screen. Here is how to do that:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I will leave the advice to some of our more senior members but wanted to wish you well on your first night.

Capturing data and uploading charts from Sleepyhead will be the key to maximizing your experience.

Best wishes for tonight!

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you PaulaO2. 

So for now should I just leave it at the default 4-15 cm till for a couple of days?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 03:32 PM)taha Wrote: Hello again guys. So I have got my hands on a Resmed Airsense S10 Autoset with humidifier, heated tube and a Resmed Autofit N10 nasal mask.

Please help me answer the following questions.

1. What starting min/max pressures should I program in?

2. I live near the ocean just below the equator, what would be the ideal humidifier setting? I do have single nostril congestion most nights (different nostril depending on sleep position) and I hope the humidifier will help. 

i would start pressure at 7 min/20 max. after a few nights, you can view data from SD CARD to determine what the machine thinks you need.

do you live where it is humid???  try humidifier setting at 4 and see if you get “clanking noises” which indicates water build up in the tube. go from there to experiment. where i live, the setting varies a lot from summer to winter.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed on your profile you have 6 - 16 as your pressures. If this is correct than that's probably where you want to start. As far as the humidifier I'd start with auto and see how you like it. You can adjust up or down in manual if it's not comfortable.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 04:12 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I noticed on your profile you have 6 - 16 as your pressures. If this is correct than that's probably where you want to start. As far as the humidifier I'd start with auto and see how you like it. You can adjust up or down in manual if it's not comfortable.

The 6-16 was just guess work, as i thought the default setting of 4-15 was kind of low given my neck size and bmi. but as i said, its mostly an educated (or not) guess. i thought i'd ask and make sure.

(10-06-2017, 04:01 PM)Spy Car Wrote: I will leave the advice to some of our more senior members but wanted to wish you well on your first night.

Capturing data and uploading charts from Sleepyhead will be the key to maximizing your experience.

Best wishes for tonight!

Bill

THANK YOU!
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't start at 4 on the pressure, that seems to be too low for almost everyone. I would start at 6 for the pressure and just set the humidifier and hose temp to auto for now. As for the clogged nostril, I have the same issue and Breathe Right strips work great for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any advice on the chin strap issue? I dont know if I am a mouth breather or not.. I really want my first night to go well so I figured I'd use a chin strap, just in case i was a mouth breather.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 04:23 PM)kingstar Wrote: I wouldn't start at 4 on the pressure, that seems to be too low for almost everyone. I would start at 6 for the pressure and just set the humidifier and hose temp to auto for now. As for the clogged nostril, I have the same issue and Breathe Right strips work great for me.

I will give those a try. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 7 119 9 minutes ago
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 81 38 minutes ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
  EPR questions juniper 2 95 52 minutes ago
Last Post: stevew168
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 14 765 10 hours ago
Last Post: apneavolt
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 122 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 68 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 132 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.