Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Still feel crappy, AHI hovers around 5. Any suggestions?
Question 
Still feel crappy, AHI hovers around 5. Any suggestions?
Hey all. I bought a CPAP machine about a month ago, and am having minor success with it. I've been able to lower my AHI from 14 to 5, but I'm still not feeling great. I would really like to be able to lower it further, do any of you have any suggestions on how I can do that? I haven't been able to go in for a sleep study as COVID has made the wait times very long in my country. So I'm getting my settings mostly from the things I've read online, I would really appreciate your expertise in helping me optimize my settings.

Thank you all very much! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still feel crappy, AHI hovers around 5. Any suggestions?
I can’t see everything from your screenshot. Use F12 it makes the correct size and arrow up so we can see the most info. I think you are using a dreamstation but can’t see if that is correct. I would keep the pressures the same but change the flex to 1. That should help the centrals.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
You appear to be using your Dreamstation auto CPAP at a pressure range of 10 to 20 with Flex at 3.  Results are actually pretty good, but you got kicked by a bunch of sleep transition CA events just 10 minutes into the session as you were starting to settle into sleep.  There are some missing details, b ut from what I'm seeing in this chart, you might do better turning Flex down to 2. I personally had problems with the sync at 3. There isn't much we can do with the sleep transiton CA or sleep-wake-junk, but your obstructive apnea look to me like they might be better with a higher minimum pressure.  We can't see the pressure chart and how the events occur in relation to pressure.  Just normally, the Philips is reactive to those events rather than preventive, and your median pressure is 12.0, so that is why I think an increase may be in order.  Welcome to Apnea Board.  Try to post the full night on the charts rather than the closue p of just 3-minutes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=29765]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the bad crops! Here is an updated screenshot:

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OK great, much better OSCAR chart. I'd agree on bumping up your Min. pressure to get your DreamStation a bit more of a head start on the treatment. These DreamStation's are notoriously slow at response times.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try bumping it up a couple steps and changing the flex! Thank you all for the advice Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 170 7 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 826 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,922 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,010 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 247 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.