Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Treating UARS with CPAP and bilevel
RE: UARS and APAP
Hi, slowriter
_ not sure how your feel, but..
_ don't much on oxigen issues; it may happens I would have to known more beyong trivial....

_ it looks your experiencing a great deal of flow constrictions (likely Unflagged RERA)....constrictions also in REM. Then, eventually, you would benefit from some more EPAPmin. Not easy say more without TV.

_liked very much correlation between Pulse and RR! it helps a lot people like me that don't use pulse.

_ have you used zoplicone this night? or other?

all the best
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I was planning to raise EPAP min a bit, after reading another post where sleeprider points out that's a way to raise oxygenation. Also because I've been getting a few OA events recently.

I did not use eszopiclone last night, but did the night before for the comparison (so there's the one difference).

The quantity of sleep last night was good (8 hours), but you can see from the sleep stage data that the quality was only OK. The Dreem has been reporting fairly low REM and Deep % numbers for past few nights; not sure why that would be, or what, if anything, I can do about that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will add, just for the record, last month or so I've been transitioning back to a ketogenic diet. That transition definitely screws up sleep quality for me, which is the part of the reason I haven't posted much. But I think I'm almost through that, so sleep is beginning to stabilize again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 08:22 AM)slowriter Wrote: Yes, I was planning to raise EPAP min a bit, after reading another post where sleeprider points out that's a way to raise oxygenation. Also because I've been getting a few OA events recently.

I did not use eszopiclone last night, but did the night before for the comparison (so there's the one difference).

The quantity of sleep last night was good (8 hours), but you can see from the sleep stage data that the quality was only OK. The Dreem has been reporting fairly low REM and Deep % numbers for past few nights; not sure why that would be, or what, if anything, I can do about that.

...well, lately, since last month, I have experienced more REM (times and duration), nothing simillar since I started, some 7 months ago. No doubt, I would credit this to less arousal/awakenings, on account what I think is ultimate fine-tuned EPAPmin and PS, persistent Valerian 1060mg, Melatonin 3mg. Last four days or so, I had suspected part of some remaining arousals/awakenings were due to chin tuck (believe it!), and I am on the collar, which appears are improving things, including REM duration.
_PLMS has improved last month, not sure exactly why: likely lower arousal/awakenings themselves (as theory), valerian, melatonin, and a row of suplemenst (all kind of B, Mg, K, Iron)
_ to summarize: target is less arousal/awakenings. This is deleterious, incuding preventing from enter REM.

all the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
...month ago, asked my doctor zplicone, used just 1 night. Awful thing!...When needed, Clonazepam is better, even as low as 0.3mg (sometimes not at bed time, but in the early morning, during my once wakeup....duration is short).
gl
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 09:45 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ...month ago, asked my doctor zplicone, used just 1 night. Awful thing!...When needed, Clonazepam is better, even as low as 0.3mg (sometimes not at bed time, but in the early morning, during my once wakeup....duration is short).
gl

When I take it (only a 2-3 times/week), I find in general it leads to less wake ups, and a bit longer sleep duration. But I don't necessarily always feel great the next day. Not consistently bad; just that I haven't determined whether it helps enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see a problem with the SpO2 levels posted so far. They are solidly above 92 and appear to have a median near 95%. In mechanical ventilation, a higher PEEP is associated with better O2 exchange. This is as you noted, an increase in EPAP min.

There has been a recent trend on these forums to obsess over nuances in these Sleepyhead charts and here we see SpO2 and sleep stage being tracked. The suggestion that flow limitation may be an issue seems pretty far-fetched given the 0.00 in the 95% range and extremely low values in he maximum. As someone that has evaluated many charts, I would have no higher expectations for results from anyone, including myself. My best advise is to get out of the weeds with the charts and evaluate results solely on how you feel. If you change pressure, do it for a week without looking and ask yourself, is this better or not? There is far too much dependence on the data here, and I think it is way overboard.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, many thanks for this post. It answers some questions that have been occurring to me as I've been following this thread and several others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 11:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I don't see a problem with the SpO2 levels posted so far.  They are solidly above 92 and appear to have a median near 95%.  In mechanical ventilation, a higher PEEP is associated with better O2 exchange. This is as you noted, an increase in EPAP min.  

There has been a recent trend on these forums to obsess over nuances in these Sleepyhead charts and here we see SpO2 and sleep stage being tracked. The suggestion that flow limitation may be an issue seems pretty far-fetched given the 0.00 in the 95% range and extremely low values in he maximum.  As someone that has evaluated many charts, I would have no higher expectations for results from anyone, including myself.  My best advise is to get out of the weeds with the charts and evaluate results solely on how you feel.  If you change pressure, do it for a week without looking and ask yourself, is this better or not?  There is far too much dependence on the data here, and I think it is way overboard.

Seconded!!!  Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate the sentiment sleeprider, and will follow the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 75 2 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 962 Today, 03:24 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 170 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 624 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 197 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,974 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 80 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.