Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Would anyone be able to look at my Oscar Data?
Would anyone be able to look at my Oscar Data?
    My doctor is unable to see me until the end of the month. Even then he didn't seem happy that I bought my own machine. If I upload my data here can someone tell me if I need to make any changes?

I wake up almost choking some nights and do crash during the day occasionally 

the biggest think the dream mapper app tells me is hypopneas.

Lately my chest has been hurting but I don't know if that is from the CPAP or some leftover/long covid symptoms from a covid infection at the end of February.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Would anyone be able to look at my Oscar Data?
Welcome to the board. I can give you a couple things that should help.

First you min is 5 and for an adult that is to low. 5 is the inhale pressure and most people need at least 7 to 10 to be getting enough air on inhale. I would try min 8 and you can go up on down with how you feel.

Second You are having some (not a lot) positional apnea. You can see positional apnea where either H or Oa events are clustered together. Getting rid of as many as you can will lower your AHI. Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes. You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway. Have you changed your sleep position? Sleeping on your back? Using more (or new) pillows? These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway. Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar. I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page. It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar. There is a huge difference between the two.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow thank you. I will definitely increase the pressure. As far as the positional apnea I think it’s because I’m keeping the machine at the foot of the bed and where my head is the tubing is maxed out. And I also use a couple pillows. I’ll try cutting it down to one and sleeping a little flatter and see how I do
Post Reply Post Reply
lowering the pillows to one should help. also, if you are a back sleeper (like i am), you would definitely benefit from a collar, as long as you get one that works for you.

it took me a few tries before i found one that works for me, but it has made a huge difference in how i sleep. 

i tried sleeping on my side, but it's just not for me. rather than have some sadistic methods of forcing myself to, i just figured out the best way to make my sleep position work. 

i always preferred a low, firm pillow, but i was still tucking my chin. the soft collar--for all intent and purposes--eliminated that, freeing me to continue to sleep on my back. 

the machine being on the ground probably isn't a good thing either. try to get it up higher if you can.

good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are good suggestions in here Smile I would also add that you should disable ramp completely as you have it on at 5cm for 15 minutes. It is a crutch where you're not receiving what you need for pressure/therapy.. But with you adjusting your min pressure up closer to your 95 percent pressure you may want to keep it on for a few nights before disabling it completely.

Also as a fellow Phillips user I could not handle a-flex. as it provides pressure relief on both inhalation and exhalation, c-flex is exhalation pressure relief only so with a-flex I felt as though I was starved for air pressure during inhalation (less natural feeling).

Before changing over to c-flex, try the settings that we've offered for a few nights, post your charts then if you feel good we can try c-flex pressure support. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you everyone gor these suggestions. Made a few changes and my numbers are already lower
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 88 3,948 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Fixit50
Sad [Health] PLEASE HELP ME INTERPRET MY OSCAR DATA shiva.ahuja1 4 128 Yesterday, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Wellue O2 data vs Oscar MargaretS 7 221 07-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Starting out - can you have a look at my OSCAR data? vanillagorilla 4 154 07-07-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Please help with OSCAR data, getting desperate Sylka 17 474 07-07-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Sylka
  Help With Oscar Data Bobolet 7 182 07-06-2024, 10:06 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Importing O2 & Sleep Stage data into OSCAR?? David424 4 219 07-04-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: David424

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.