Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bleep mask covered by Kaiser Medicare Plan (Calif)?
Bleep mask covered by Kaiser Medicare Plan (Calif)?
Having a hard time with respiratory tech at our NorCal Kaiser for a family member. Want to try Bleep even though it's significantly more expensive because of issues with leaks. It's frustrating the user and preventing her from actually being able to fall asleep with her current mask. They keep pushing her to her current mask (F&P Eson 2). 

Anyone know if the Medicare Kaiser plan (via Apria) would cover Bleep? 

Would like to give it a go if they cover it as she also has some issues with a dry mouth with the Eson 2, which probably means she might have her mouth open at times when she is sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bleep mask covered by Kaiser Medicare Plan (Calif)?
does Apria carry Bleep? (I haven't ehard of it.) If so, contact your Kaiser DME and ask if you can order it--they will need to palce the order. OR, they may have another mask that you could try on site that they will give you. The thing is, if Apria carries it and kaiser approves, it will take a while for the whole process to complete. My DME at Kaiser ordered me a F+P Vitera, but there were none at the the Apria site, so they had to place an order with F+P. That was several weeks ago. I have no idea if and when I'll see the mask. On the other hand, Apria CAN send masks and supplies out very quickly. sort of luck of the draw. 
Go to the aprria site, it will show which masks they carry.
I'd suggest seeing if your DME has a different mask in house that they could mail or that you could pick up. At least as an interim.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m with Kaiser NorCal not Medicare. After playing games with them for months as to what DME equipment is covered snd what is not, I finally found the answer. An answer that so many Kaiser employees should have known but either were playing dumb, or weren’t playing.

The quick answer is Kaiser doesn’t provide any DME (all inclusive) equipment coverage if it doesn’t originate within the four walls of Kaiser itself.

Apria would sell me an ASV machine, but they don’t carry ASV machines to sell. And if they did, it would have been well above the MSRP price anyway.

If I can find the contact and source information on this, I will share it with you. But that was three years ago when I climbed out of their sandbox full of BS and misinformation.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with Nor cal Kaiser. Kaiser sold me a new Airsense 10 auto for $200.00, I think. that was a fabulous deal. I get a big discount on masks and supplies through Apria. Like 80% discount. But I can't get a discount on anything I want. Only the mask and machine that's registered with my DME. This is to keep patients from abusing the discount.

Oakland sleep lab is better than the Richmond IME: you can call them and talk to someone. There'[s no way to reach a DME on the phone at Richmond. I do send emails. I just emailed the DME at Richmond asking to try the F&P Vitera and the DME put in an order. Unfortunately it'[s not in stock at the local Apria so now I'mk waiting for F&P to fill the order. Who knows? I'm in limbo. However I think the mask will be free--or at most at an 80% discount.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a patient of Kaiser Norcal - Martinez Sleep Center - using their Senior Advantage (Medicare) plan. They have been very willing let me to try any mask they have in stock -- just call in advance, they put it in the lobby with your name on it, then you drive there and pick it up. I notice that [Commercial Link Removed] ApriaDirect's website has the bleep adhesive covers (32 covers, 16 nights, $40) but not the bleep device itself. It doesn't make sense (to me anyway) that they would have the covers but not the device. Maybe it's elsewhere within the Apria Kingdom just not showing online.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 203 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Bleep Eclipse Hack BKeeper 12 979 02-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirMini and Medicare (USA) bwilson4web 0 251 02-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bwilson4web
  Wiki conflict on Medicare/CPAP ownership cps22 14 669 12-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Medicare (US) and CPAPs KSMatthew 4 383 12-16-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.