Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10
Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10
So last night I lowered my trigger setting from 'High' to 'Med' to see if the CA's would appear or if I would be able to go back to the default settings. 

Question: Could this impact apnea events in any way? I had my highest AHI score ever last night, and none of the events were CA's. I find this interesting and wondering thoughts on how this trigger setting could affect events in general, not just CA's. For reference, I typically have an AHI under one and been using a bilevel for 7 months now, CPAP for a year prior.  Any insight would be great. Thanks. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10
My understanding is that a higher trigger can expand the period of inhalation pressure support, which could decrease obstruction.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with G. Szabo's analysis.  Your OA's are very clustered together; like you put yourself in a certain position for a short period of time that caused this cluster.  Have you ever tried a soft cervical collar?
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd agree this was positional. Clustered events and high flow limits. I don't think the trigger setting is the culprit here.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely looks like a positional thing, but I was curious about the trigger setting and the high amount of events the same day I changed the setting. I'll try again tonight and see if it was just a coincidence with the position I was sleeping in last evening. Thanks all!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 7 221 Yesterday, 06:01 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Aircurve 10 S mode to Vauto ischua 5 344 06-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  initial aircurve pacewave setup cexer 34 788 06-22-2024, 12:05 PM
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 5 146 06-17-2024, 09:17 PM
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 3 124 06-17-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Trigger/Cycle settings David Clark 4 2,868 06-14-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  resmed 11 advanced setting? Jst617 3 188 06-11-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.