Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off
Question 
Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off
Hi all, I've recently switched from Trilogy 100 to EVO, using AVAPS. All settings exactly the same. Have been told to expect it will feel different, the motor is different, EVO is more sophisticated, accurate. That's fine. It doesn't feel all that different, maybe more powerful.

My problem is that when I'm in bed and wanting to talk (using nasal mask) I can't talk anymore. I need it when lying down/not sitting upright in chair. It feels like when I talk the vent is trying to give me a breath.

My Nurse thinks the leak compensation might be the issue, or that the leak when talking is triggering the machine. The Philips rep reports the leak compensation algorithm is the same. I'm using an AutoTrack flow setting. We tried the flow trigger which seemed to be better for a second but then no difference.

We've run out if ideas so thought we'd try the Gang here!

Any thoughts? Sorry if this is a bit tricky. Given talking with BiPAP is a must, thinking I might need to move over to ResMed Astral 150.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off
Hello Steph19, I think the Evo algorithm interprets talking as exhaling and then proceeds to increase pressure support to force a breath.  My settings are on "AutoTrack" also.  I don't know what "AutoTrack" means though.  

3 thoughts:  1.  Can try a different type of mask (full face mask or hybrid full face mask - or at least use it when needing to talk a lot).  I had the most problems with the same issue you are talking about with the nasal pillow mask I have.  

2.  Decrease the (breathing) rate.  Maybe set it down to 10 or so or even less if you can tolerate it.  In theory, this should keep the Evo from trying to increase pressure support so often when you are talking.  

3.  Try the "Auto" (breathing) rate.  Mine is set to "Auto" and I like it very much compared to a set rate.  More flexibility it seems.  Evo has this option, but Astral doesn't.  

Just my thoughts. I hope this helps.  p.s. - I tried the Astral a month and set off multiple alarms on it.  Very sensitive alarms I found.  You could try it and it could possibly work better; but if not surely they could switch you back to the Evo.  Evo seems more forgiving to me with pressure, alarms, just about everything.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
RE: Trilogy EVO leak compensation - can we adjust/turn off
Thanks Jay51!

Such a speedy response, and great ideas, thanks so much.

I'll give them a go and see it goes  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.