Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble Getting Oscar to Run on Windows 10
Trouble Getting Oscar to Run on Windows 10
I have been trying to migrate an Oscar installation to a new laptop running Windows 10 using Oscar 1.2.  While it runs fine on my old laptop, I have had no success on my new laptop.  Regardless of what I have tried the app is hanging on the profile selection screen.

After reading a number of other threads, and trying a number of migration scenarios, I have narrowed the problem to this.

• Oscar 1.2 installed on laptop

• Data location c:\Oscar_Data so no OneDrive involved.  Not sure if that matters.

• Tried both (A) importing the existing data, and (B) not importing the existing data, and creating a new profile.

• In both cases, Oscar then takes me to the profile selection screen.  Open and Edit profile are greyed out.  New profile not working.  Can't select the displayed profile.  None of the options under view are working.  If I minimize the app and then reopen it the screen is not repainted, so it appears that app is hung.
Any ideas what is going on and/or what to try next?

Thanks.

Ken
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble Getting Oscar to Run on Windows 10
Try holding down the SHIFT key when you start OSCAR. This will force OSCAR to use a different graphics engine that might be more successful.

If OSCAR is hung, this probably won't work, but try it anyway: Turn on Help/Troubleshooting/Show Debug pane. Stop OSCAR and restart it. When you get stuck, copy the debug pane (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and attach it to a reply to this post. Let's see if the debug messages shed any light on the problem.

A final option it to purge the OSCAR data in the repository so it doesn't remember the location of OSCAR_Data, graphics engine to be used, or other system data.  Try this: Download https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/Patch/C...gistry.reg to your desktop, then double click on CleanRegistry.reg to patch the Windows registry to remove all OSCAR parameters. Specifically, this removes the memory of where the OSCAR_Data directory is.

Let us know what works, or doesn't.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble Getting Oscar to Run on Windows 10
Thanks for the quick response and your help. 

Cleaning the registry solved the problem.

Thanks

Ken
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,391 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 311 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 748 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 463 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 833 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] Trouble Finding Viatom/Wellue Data wayneb64 4 559 01-17-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: wayneb64

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.