Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble Syncing Oximetry in SleepyHead
RE: Trouble Syncing Oximetry in SleepyHead
I tried the route of using the spo2 file, but it came up with an error, so it seemed no go.
Post Reply Post Reply
@pholynyk yes am in UK, but we are back on GMT a of last Sunday. I did wonder if it might be related to the hour shift, and was expecting to find the Resmed an hour out ; but it is not. 
The Resmed is set up by the hospital who supplied it, the new oximeter is mine and freshly set up by me.
I have no idea if Sleepyhead is incorrectly trying to do something clever with times, but is disappointing that the alternative "force the start times of both units to be the same" option still gets it wrong when they were sufficiently close for that to be OK.
The 90 minute shift makes it even more strange.
Post Reply Post Reply
Windbag, what was the error, and which operating system are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
@jaswilliams ; Is there a thread about the SPO2 software? 
I am struggling to get it to save the patient data and it keeps on throwing my input away, even after save, and saving the files as "user" etc with wrong header info, which may be part of the problem in re-importing them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 07:31 PM)windbag Wrote: I tried the route of using the spo2 file, but it came up with an error, so it seemed no go.
I don't know if this might help in your case, but I was unable to import the .spo2 file into SleepyHead from its (silly) default save location on the C: drive in Program Files (x86)/ SpO2 Assistant V.[whatever] / Data, until I copied the .spo2 file to a different location on a different drive. Then SleepyHead was able to import it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 07:46 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Windbag, what was the error, and which operating system are you using?

Win7 (fully updated) laptop.
I had already changed the save location to a data area drive not on c: to avoid permission problems.
It was a a warning: 
"No Oximetry module could parse the given file" 
plus the full data path.
Looking at that again, is it telling me it COULD or could not read the file ??

Pretty sure it then did nothing to actually import the data.

Will be trying soon with last night's data for both, but have got other stuff taking up the morning....
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS50F version 3.7 loader module (the one you should have selected) is looking for a files with extensions ".spor", ".spo2", or ".spo" - all supposedly case insenstive (but I had some trouble with a Linux system not accepting an upper case extension).

Make sure your extension matches one of those above, but I think you want spo2 or SPO2 - not sp02 or SP02 - letter o not numeral zero.
Do let me know how that works out.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The software supplied was SpO2 Assistant Version 3.03.

The files written are of the filename in the form (user)_20171102.SpO2
(O, not zero)
- so not quite any of the ones you cite :-(

When you say "CMS50F version 3.7 loader module", do you mean part of Sleepyhead?
Not sure it says that explicitly
I am running SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-2
Post Reply Post Reply
"When you say "CMS50F version 3.7 loader module", do you mean part of Sleepyhead?"

Yes, sorry, that's programmer speak... In the Oximetry Import Wizard, it says "Select Oximeter Type" and offers "CMS50Fv3.7+/H/I, ..." among others. That's the one you want.

Please change your file extension to .spo2 and see if that works. It's possible that the upper/lower case stuff isn't working right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for keeping going with me.
I've made a copy, but could not use the same name with just change to lower case extension as Windows thinks that is a duplicate filename - so added extra characters to filename to enable that copy. So it really shouldn't be down to that (unlike Linux).
Have to go off for a couple of hours, will be back asap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 263 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 214 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 174 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 1,981 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 489 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Can't set custom oximetry options in OSCAR Pixel Ninja 1 705 07-02-2023, 08:32 AM
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,399 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.