Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble breathing
Trouble breathing
Hello I’ve been using cpap for 2 years on and off 
I use the f20 mask and I seem to be having trouble breathing with the new quiet elbow. I have other masks that also seem to be hard to breathe on. Sometimes the cpap has been easy to use and somewhat successful 
Does anybody know why i’m having so many issues
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble breathing
(05-30-2020, 02:19 PM)Mikeadoo500 Wrote: Hello I’ve been using cpap for 2 years on and off 
I use the f20 mask and I seem to be having trouble breathing with the new quiet elbow. I have other masks that also seem to be hard to breathe on. Sometimes the cpap has been easy to use and somewhat successful 
Does anybody know why i’m having so many issues

My first guess is the on and off use. You have to make a commitment to yourself to use the machine every time you sleep, all the time that you are sleeping. Otherwise, you deprive yourself of the opportunity to adapt to the CPAP therapy.

You may benefit from a bi-level machine (e.g. a BiPAP). They make breathing feel more natural because they lower the exhale pressure (EPAP). If you don't have Flex on you might want to try turning it on or turning it up. That essentially does a similar thing as a bi-level machine, but not as much of it.

Also, download the free OSCAR software so you can share your data with us. We can make recommendations on the changes you can make to the settings on your machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 46 1,140 55 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 44 1,871 03-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.