Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap
Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap
Long time lurker here.  Anyone else having trouble acquiring a chinstrap directly from Knightsbridge?   They seem to be suffering from a staffing/supply shortage.  I ordered a chinstrap from them in September.  My card was charged on 9/27 and still no product delivery.  I have called 3 times to inquire about my order and always the same answer: "sorry we are short staffed, small startup, will send out next week".  I asked that if it were not shipped to kindly refund my charge and I will order in the future when stock is more available.  Still no product.  Since it has been almost two months, my next step is to dispute the charge with my credit card company.  This is unfortunate as I am now on my second strap from them and as a satisfied customer, I was looking forward to a third.  Perhaps purchasing from an online retailer that has the inventory in stock is a short term solution.
RE: Trouble getting Knightsbridge chinstrap
Welcome to the forum!
I've had 3; saw the KDB advertised for a low price in Canada. After months they called and apologized. Refunded my money.
I don't know what's going on.

I had extraordinary results in the beginning with first use. Over the years I've had issues. Mainly with fit. I've had the cap slip forward over my eyes. I managed to hurt my jaw doing it up tighter.

My 3rd cap is a cheaper version sold by KDB; I regret buying it.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Anyone else having issues?

Please let us know here
Interesting,

I have been getting Black Friday email special offers from them lately, that I have blocked, so not sure what is going on there.

I bought (2 I think) from them a year or two ago, but don't like them. Only used them once, not for me. I will check the sizes when I get back home.

If you like you can PM me and I can send them to you, no point having them sit around here doing nothing
Way back I bought two of them to save shipping. I was really happy! Zero leakage...but that didn't last long. What changed? Darned if I know. Later I bought another one. They now offer a lesser quality cap that's cheaper. I bought that one. I bought it direct because I couldn't find a Canadian vendor. I had to pay duty to get the cap from customs.
Summary--I like the idea; I've had problems using the cap. And I've reported discrepancies in the sizing chart to Larry.

A painful experience...I was walking quickly to the bathroom one night when our puppy was new. I had my cap on. My mask. Scared him badly. He attacked and bit me. I can laugh about it now.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

A couple days ago I was contacted by Larry Shaw the founder and at least former owner of Knightsbridge Sleep Solutions telling me that the Knights Bridge company was "Hacked/Stolen". At Apnea Board we are trying to figure out how to best deal with this situation.  Since we have not yet decided on what action to take, I will simply be honest and say there is no way we can verify any information, so members should judge for themselves how to proceed. By visiting the Knightsbridge Sleep Solutions site, we can see that Edwin Manzoni is listes as Vice President and Larry Shaw has been deleted from existence.   This is the PM I received from Larry:

Quote:Hi Sleeprider,

I'm the president of Knightsbridge Sleep Solutions, the company that makes the Knightsbridge Dual Band anti-snoring chin strap.  Our former internet assets administrator and production floor manager in Guatemala, Edwin Manzoni, is trying to steal the company. He hacked my computer and has blocked me from access to our website, our business records, my emails, etc., removed any reference to me from the website, and is currently trying to set up alternative means of fulfillment in the US. I am taking legal action, but it takes time.  There is now a large backlog of people who have not received their orders.  When I regain control of the original website, I will make it right with everybody who didn't get their order or had to wait a long time to receive their order.  (In the meantime, I have set up production at a new production site and in two or three weeks we will have a new website up at a different url where authorized Knightsbridge Dual Bands can be purchased ... and will be delivered).

It seems to me this is something your community should be informed of.  I'd like to make a post about this.  Or should you do it?  

By the way, great work ... there is really an incredible wealth of information here.

Kind regards,
Larry Shaw
415-812-6203
larry@knightsbridgedualband.com

As an interim measure, we have placed a warning in the Supplier List at Supplier 37 stating: (Warning: site may be compromised.  We recommend not doing business with this company for the time being)

We will keep membership advised of any developments in this situation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
@Sleeprider

Thanks!
DaveL

For follow-up, I received two emails that my order was "refunded".  My CC account did not reflect the refund and I have disputed the order with my CC company.  Caveat Emptor until this issue is resolved.
Larry Shaw has posted at this link, contact information for anyone adversely affected by the Knightsbridge hack and business theft. https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid493478
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
We have verified that indeed the KnightsBridge chinstrap website has been hacked, and the owner, Larry Shaw, is attempting to regain control of his company.

To avoid confusion, we will be placing any posts that are about this issue with KnightsBridge into one single thread, which you can find here:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...see-post-4

We are closing this thread to new replies.  For questions, concerns or more info, please post in the above linked thread.

Thanks.

~ THREAD CLOSED TO NEW REPLIES ~
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to cpap therapy, having trouble falling asleep Exuro89 17 532 07-22-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Exuro89
  [CPAP] Looking for some guidance, new user trouble passing 1 or 2hr mark at night CpapNewbFern 16 494 06-11-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: CpapNewbFern
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 591 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Knightsbridge Chinstrap Owners.... Lucky7 2 367 04-22-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,858 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 472 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 646 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.