Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trying CPAP one last time... AHI looks really bad
RE: Trying CPAP one last time... AHI looks really bad
The one last try for CPAP would be fixed pressure at 5.0 with no pressure support. So, CPAP mode, pressure 5.0, EPR off. This should produce the minimum CA events possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2019, 01:48 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The one last try for CPAP would be fixed pressure at 5.0 with no pressure support.  So, CPAP mode, pressure 5.0, EPR off.  This should produce the minimum CA events possible.

I tried that one night prior to stopping. I'd actually rank that day as one of the lowest (besides the days on the original settings) in the subjective "how did you feel?" scale. I ended up having to lie down for most of the day and didn't even make it out of the house until late in the day.

The chart looks more or less the same as other nights. AHI of 10.49, of which 9.94 was central (54 clear airway events, 1 hypopnea, 2 obstructive).

And it may or may not have made a difference, but I also cleaned out the machine that day, and there was a hissing sound coming from the mask for the first 20 minutes or so (but this stopped well before I actually fell asleep)
Post Reply Post Reply
That chart is absolute proof that this machine WILL NOT work for you and you need an ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool! You're into ASV with no questions. I put it out there as the best possibility of beating CA, and you proved me wrong ASV baby! You're going to live it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well gs, no wonder you are feeling tired! I went back and looked at your first graph again, and I am amazed you are functional! Hang in there, and get yourself onto the right solution for you. Look after yourself!
Post Reply Post Reply
Now to wait the month and a half to get into the new doctor who actually treats CSA...
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I really didn't want to wait the month and a half to even get into the doctor, plus who knows how long for yet another sleep study, and even longer for a machine to actually get approved... plus finding out that insurance does a "rent to own" program, so it'd only take a few months after my deductible resets for straight-up buying a machine on my own to be cheaper... I tracked down an ASV unit on my own.
The unit is an Aircurve 10 ASV.

Based on what you've seen here, what settings would you recommend I start with?
Post Reply Post Reply
Gsilver, congrats on the best ASV machine and taking the shortcut.  I have attached the titration protocol below.  Basically default  settings are very easy, and the best way to start.

ASVauto mode
EPAP min 4.0
EPAP max 15.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 15.0

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Are you sure on the PSMin of 3?
When I last used the bipap, it had an EPAP of 5 but a IPAP of 6, and that was enough for obstructive events to be nearly gone.
They were slightly higher (but still only 3 obsructive events total) on the night I tried 5 IPAP / 5 EPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely the minimum of PS 3 is a good starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 65 1,032 11 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 6 74 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can you regain CPAP coverage after failing compliance the first time? dharma2255 5 161 9 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 179 Yesterday, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 267 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 297 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.