Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Two hour time difference when importing SpO2 data in OSCAR
Two hour time difference when importing SpO2 data in OSCAR
Hi, I am Chrisk100 from Amsterdam.
Since September 2019 I use Philips Respironics DreamStation, Auto CPAP combined with Philips full face mask.

Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS, 64 bit,Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz × 4.
OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 (linux x86_64) built with Qt 5.9.5 on Apr 24 2019 15:49:32

A few day ago I got a Contec CMS50D+ Oxyigen meter and wanted to combine the data in OSCAR.
Unfortunately importing the data goes wrong. There is a time difference of 2 hours.
I cannot set the right hour difference in OSCAR. See screenshot and I cannot change the UU characters to provide OSCAR with the correct start time.
See also screenshot with graph data from OSCAR, where the Oxygen data has shifted  two hours.
I hope to find some help here to solve this problem. Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Two hour time difference when importing SpO2 data in OSCAR
In Oscar, there is a parameter to shift the hour.

On your profile, you have to choose the good timezone.

File --> Preferences --> CPAP. On the widows which is opened, you have a square named CPAP Clock Drift.

I need to put 2 hours : I think on data import, hour is in UTC. (I'm in France (timezone is UTC + 1). But, now it's UTC + 2 because DST).
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=23602]
Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried it, but it does not solve the issue.
I do not have a problem with CPAP time, but a problem with the time when I import data from contec CMS50D+ oximeter. The CPAP and Oximeter recording have been started at the same time, but when I first import CPAP data in OSCAR everything is fine. In the next step I want to add the data from the Contec Oximeter, which does not have a clock of its own. It should use the same start time as the CPAP datarecording time, but it shifts the SpO2 data to two hours earlier.

I tried your solution, but that only shifst the CPAP data two hours. That way I end up with wrong CPAP starting time (it is now two hours to early). This solution has 1 advantage, that CPAP and Oximeter graphs are in sink now and start both at the same time, only both are showing the wrong time.

======later on =====

I have been playing a little bit more with your suggestion and found a workaround, although its a bit complicated ;-}
First, I read in the CPAP data in OSCAR;
next I turn the OSCAR clock 2 hours forward as you suggested
then I read in CMS50D+ oximeter data
next I set OSCAR clock back 2 hours, so OSCAR is in its regular time again.

Now the CPAP and Oximeter data graphs are completely synchornized in time!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a new version of OSCAR available, version 1.1.1
Try upgrading and see if you still have issues. You may need to clear you browser cache to see the newer version....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will try OSCAR_ 1.1.1 next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2020, 07:17 AM)Chrisk100 Wrote: A few day ago I got a Contec CMS50D+ Oxyigen meter and wanted to combine the data in OSCAR.
Unfortunately importing the data goes wrong. There is a time difference of 2 hours.

Please update OSCAR to the current version 1.1.1.  We did fix a problem with timezone shift in oximeter import after 1.0.1 was released.  Maybe that is what you are encountering.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. I just installed version 1.1.1. This has resolved the clock problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had two hour difference with oximeter graph when daylight saving time changed to summer time. And Resmed Airsense 10 cpap machine clock was in winter time.

Check the cpcp machine clock that time is correct. Then check oximetry clock that it's time is correct. And computer, check that it is correct time.
Post Reply Post Reply
File,preferences.cpap.  Time shift.  Try -2 hours.  If that’s wrong change to +2 hours.   It fixed mine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.