Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
RE: Unable to get answer from Apria re: new AirSense 10 Autoset
(12-08-2019, 09:45 AM)Plmnb Wrote: This is a bit of the issue.  Supposedly my machine has the feature enabled but 99 percent of the time it does not shut off for way over 20 minutes.  And you are right, even 20 minutes of that noise is annoying.  So I guess what I really need to know at this point is, if I manually turn the machine off, will the data transmit to any program I would be using?

Turning the machine off manually does not affect data. Unplugging the machine immediately after use will prevent data from transmitting.  If Smartstart is enabled, removing the mask from the tube should shut down the machine in less than 5-seconds.  I recommend you check the settings yourself.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2019, 09:45 AM)Plmnb Wrote: This is a bit of the issue.  Supposedly my machine has the feature enabled but 99 percent of the time it does not shut off for way over 20 minutes.  And you are right, even 20 minutes of that noise is annoying.  So I guess what I really need to know at this point is, if I manually turn the machine off, will the data transmit to any program I would be using?

Plmnb, When I was using a full face mask I tried smartstart and didn’t like the noise when I took off the mask, that function doesn’t work properly with pillow masks. I stopped using that function because the noise wakes up my girlfriend so I just shut it off with the button. As far as smartstart is concerned your machine is fine. Just shut off the machine when you wake up before taking the mask off and the noise will be gone. That the way almost all of us do it. That has nothing to do with the data. That will show in the myAir app about an hour after you shut it off. Ssmartstart is just an option. Shutting the machine off manually is perfectly acceptable, like I said we all do it
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Airsense 10 machine will transmit unless you unplug it altogether or put it in airplane mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fabulous!  Thanks so much.  I am trying to get all the info I can because this time around must work.  I couldn’t take it anymore.  Not even the surgery I had helped.  Now, 7 years later my OSA is a million times worse.  I have been desperate for help and my new dr. swears that the new machines and masks will work for me.

(With my previous treatments my masks were always on the floor when I would get up).
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great answers everyone!

I think hitting the on/off button manually solves much aggrevation (especially for your hubby).
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are actually two factors in play here. If you take the mask off while it is still running, (and SmartStart is enabled) then the machine will blow at full power for a few seconds before stopping. This can be loud enough to wake somebody up. If you press the power button it will stop immediately. (I think this is what most of us do).

In either case it will then go into cooldown mode, which blows an almost imperceptible amount of air for 20 minutes. When mine is in warmup or cooldown mode I need to put the mask up to my ear to actually hear anything. It is very, very soft.
Post Reply Post Reply
& the 20 minute cool down is only if the humidifier is powered on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your answer.  I guess I am either wrong or just strange.  My machine supposedly (I was told by Apria), has SmartStart enabled.  But it does NOT stop with the air when mask is taken off.  I believe I was told by someone on these boards it is because I have a full face mask.  I think that was mentioned.  Pretty confused right now.

I’m going to give up on worrying about the automatic stop and just turn machine off manually.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine. I leave mine on the Smart Start option. I have to get up a few times during the night to use the restroom. 

When I do, I reach over and turn the machine off manually. That instantly stops the air flow. Once back in bed, I just reattach the hose to my mask and start breathing. Within a few seconds at most, the machine starts up again. 

Been doing that since I started on the machine. I use either the ResMed AirFit F20 or the AirFit F30 FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,378 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 978 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 203 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 990 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 262 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.