Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Understanding sp02 levels and ahi with dental device
RE: Understanding sp02 levels and ahi with dental device
My ahi is treated on cpap auto 5-15 without dental and also showing treated with dental right now on just 4cm max. What the sp02 oximeter is saying and airflow graphs might be a different story though. I gotta run out today but I’ll try to post the results when I get a chance. Like I said I know it sounds new crazy what’s im doing but im sort of stuck if I want ton test out the mouthpiece alone without a real sleep study.. but I’m using every resource I got. Wish I could buy the real sleep study device they use but I can’t
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 09:09 AM)bonjour Wrote: Medicare says if you are under 88% for 5 minutes per night you qualify for supplemental oxygen at night.  Note that it normal to drop some at night from daytime values.

bonjour, I just happened to find your post here and had been wondering if I should get with my PCP or a sleep doctor to see if I am a candidate for supplemental O2 with my AirSense 10.  Sleeprider just analyzed my latest charts on my "EPR Question" thread and noted low flow limitation with otherwise good results.  Just checked my sleep report of four years ago and my minimum SpO2 during sleep time was 70%.  I had spent 83.7 minutes below 89%.  My titration was done a couple weeks after the sleep test and was titrated with CPAP at 7cmH2O, and showed lowest SaO2 at 78%, less than 89% at 0.8 minutes, less than 85% at 0.8 minutes, less than 80% 0.2 minutes, so I didn't come close to the 5 minutes under 88%.  Thanks for publishing that benchmark!
"Freedom is the oxygen of the soul."
Moshe Dayan
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2019, 10:46 AM)blethered Wrote: My first study from 2012 in lab 2 days did say there was sufficient positional portions to my apneas and most were on my back, but that was before I got the mouthpiece...
The Sleep Lab does not ever consider a chin tuck an issue and they do not monitor for it.  The only positional they care about is back, front, right side, left side.
One glance at your daily chart will tell if this is a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
kingskid, I think you will find it is below 88% for 5 continuous minutes, not for the total minutes per night. In most cases, if you don't have a serious lung issue. A properly adjusted cpap will resolve low o2.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 616 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 129 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,614 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 682 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 975 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.