Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Update on my partner recently diagnosed.
Thumbsup 
Update on my partner recently diagnosed.
Hey all. Quick update. My partner started his CPAP treatment about 7 weeks ago. All going good, had the CPAP machiene provider out to the house last week to read results. He is down from 78 apneas to 6.1, that is high because he tok off the mask one morning at 5 am in his sleep and left it on and running. The lady said that it would be under 5 if he hadn't done that. He has worn the mask every night since he got it. Huge increase in his energy and overall mood is brill since the first night on it.

One little thing tho he is having terrible pains in his lungs in the mornings. The CPAP machine lady dosn't know anything about it and his own doc knows very little to nothing about Sleep Apnea. Has anyone experienced similar and can ye suggest anything to help or give him some kind of time frame for it to release.

Thanks so much ???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Update on my partner recently diagnosed.
We're going to need more information to help. Make and model of machine and the pressure settings at a minimum. Prefer to know the types of events that make up the AHI. If the machine is compatible with software, we can help you a great deal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people report having sore ribs, making it difficult to breathe. I think the consensus is we are sleeping in one position longer than we used to. Our bodies are not used to that!

It should settle down after a while. Maybe he could use a body pillow if he is a side sleeper.

Unless he has any lung problems, this should clear up. In my non-medical based opinion.
Or it could be something totally different and not related to CPAP use at all.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi yazwayne,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to your partner with CPAP therapy, you have come to the right place for guidance.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 385 5 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 369 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.