Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover
RE: Used CPAP for the first time looking for OSCAR lookover
OK then, it looks to be treatment emergent Centrals to the extreme.

OSCAR with no zoom, yep you got that now.

OK one other change turn off the Ramp. It's very likely adding into the pressure swings, and then making CA go up.

PS another possible edit, go to Auto mode MINUS for her.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you for the help! 

so for tonight:

EPR off
Ramp off
Auto mode (not for her)

correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I'm trying to remove as many variables as possible to reduce these Centrals. That's the answer to the unasked question why should you remove EPR, Ramp, For Her.

This may end up using straight CPAP at some time, but not just yet. Don't be surprised if it's soon though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got it, thanks again! Will post results in here after tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes you're correct.
Post Reply Post Reply

Some particularly interesting moments, but heres last nights data
Post Reply Post Reply
Any insight after these changes would be appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
What I'm already seeing is the teeter-totter, Centrals went down but Hypopnea went up. From the beginning to now AHI is down to 16, but that's not nearly enough in my opinion. The teeter-totter refers to Central based events on one side that requires certain actions while Obstructive based events are opposite in actions. Acting against either makes the opposing side go up. This is where you're at now.

I think you're in need of an ASV to treat Centrals. For some reason, you're sensitive to pressure. BTW do you live at higher altitude, 6k or higher?

I think whatever we set your Max pressure at, the PAP is going there. Let's see if others chime in but I'm thinking of suggesting bumping Min pressure up to 8 from 7. We need to narrow your range and this may act on the Hypopnea.

Consider trying this 8-14 pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in Austin, Tx so no. Not super high up
Post Reply Post Reply
Would setting the device to CPAP instead of AUTO fix this since I wouldnt be fluctuating in pressure changes? Or is that I'm sensitive to any level of pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 36 1 hour ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 510 Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 118 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.