Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR?
RE: Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR?
I used mine for a couple of nights; FAILED. Trying to return it, no answer yet to me emails.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried adding the Vcom to my usual setup (VAuto, fixed pressure, EERS) and found that it felt hard to breathe. I wasn't willing to continue on through the night. I suspect I would need to alter settings a lot to use Vcom, but I am not motivated to do that as existing therapy seems to be just fine (AHI monthly average 0.6).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My next thing to do is look at my OSCAR data, to see what was happening in that hour where i was using the VCOM.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lanky lefty on utube says. No apap, no bipap, use cpap mode with no EPR.

It’s at the 3:20 mark on one of his videos.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ll test with EPR off this evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using EPR is essentially acting as a Bi-level machine, and is a no-no according to the Vcom's website.  It seems that this only works with a straight CPAP.

Based on the information, it appears this is an atmospheric bleed valve. It is set to sense an exhale pressure that is greater than the IPAP pressure.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Straight CPAP= no EPR and not even APAP? (Varying pressure)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, just make your min and max the same. And no EPR

Straight cpap is just one fixed pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2023, 11:01 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: That's counter to any CPAP that I'm aware of.  Normally, you want your Inspiratory Pressure (IPAP) to be higher than your Expiratory Pressure (EPAP).  That is how a Bi-level or an ASV operates.  

- Red

Yup, but that's what they claim.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stand corrected! I went back and read the "The V-Com Story". Wow! A reverse bi-level. Who would have thunk it?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  wheezing noise n20 with VCom ifsmithy 2 385 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night using VCOM VegasGMC 31 3,860 09-27-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 601 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,378 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me understand / adjust Aircurve10 ASV vs S9VPAP settings patrickbrem 2 371 08-08-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: patrickbrem
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 454 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.