Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR?
RE: Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR?
V-com has been delivered yesterday so I tried it.

Pressure: 8-10.2
EPR: 3
Mouth tape, collar and chinstrap - yeah, otherwise I do have bad aerophagia.

Noise did not change.
Inhaling seems more gentle with V-com.

I was afraid about using it, and I dont think my sleep was really deep today.
I had dreams as usual, but I woke up few times I think.

Results are good with AHI 0.13, and I feel really good today.
Gonna check it today again, this time with wellue ring to check oxygen levels.

In attachments: graph from May 4th - without V-com, May 5th - with V-com. Settings are the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The V-com's function is the exact opposite of the EPR. Why would you use EPR to reduce your EPAP when the V-com is reducing your IPAP? Why not just turn down your pressure?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2023, 06:56 PM)koala1 Wrote: V-com has been delivered yesterday so I tried it.

Pressure: 8-10.2
EPR: 3
Mouth tape, collar and chinstrap - yeah, otherwise I do have bad aerophagia.

Noise did not change.
Inhaling seems more gentle with V-com.

I was afraid about using it, and I dont think my sleep was really deep today.
I had dreams as usual, but I woke up few times I think.

Results are good with AHI 0.13, and I feel really good today.
Gonna check it today again, this time with wellue ring to check oxygen levels.

In attachments: graph from May 4th - without V-com, May 5th - with V-com. Settings are the same.

Your leak rate is phenomenal - do you attribute it to the mouth tape, chinstrap and soft cervical collar?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2023, 07:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The V-com's function is the exact opposite of the EPR.  Why would you use EPR to reduce your EPAP when the V-com is reducing your IPAP?  Why not just turn down your pressure?

- Red

I was thinking about reducing IPAP before I found Vcom. I may get back to this idea soon. 

For now I wanted to see how my sleep will change after installing only Vcom and leaving rest of settings the same. 

IPAP is lower and it makes me wake up multiple times during the night. 
On the second night with the same setting I also had slight aerophagia and brain fog. 

Yesterday I changed settings to 
8.6-10.2
EPR off

I did not wake up but I had aerophagia. 
Slight brain fog is also present. 
I’ll try to get down with pressure again and check if I find optimal one that will get rid of aerophagia and let me sleep through the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
The more I think about it restricting IPAP and not EPAP pressure, wouldn't this be the same as reducing, or turning off, the EPR?   Both the V-com and an EPR reduction would reduce the deltas between the two. The only time the V-com would have a difference is when you are comparing its use to no EPR. Then, the V-com would invert the pressures and make IPAP lower than EPAP.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2023, 01:21 PM)gainerfull Wrote: Your leak rate is phenomenal - do you attribute it to the mouth tape, chinstrap and soft cervical collar?

Thank you.
It’s thanks to mouth tape and well fitted mask. 
P30i fits your nostrils so there is little chance for a leak in the first place. 

Also chinstrap help a little because mask frame fit is tighter and it does not move sideways.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2023, 05:35 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The more I think about it restricting IPAP and not EPAP pressure, wouldn't this be the same as reducing, or turning off, the EPR?   Both the V-com and an EPR reduction would reduce the deltas between the two.  The only time the V-com would have a difference is when you are comparing its use to no EPR.  Then, the V-com would invert the pressures and make IPAP lower than EPAP.

- Red

I think you are right. 
Using Vcom make sense only with EPR off - if what they claim is true. 
I’ll try to check it in following days.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received and tried the V-com for a couple of nights and it didn’t work for me. This biggest problem was the noise. My AS10 is very quiet until you stick an obstruction in the hose and then It has this harmonic sound to it. 

I put the V-com at the back of the machine where I have a 90 degree elbow, who knows that may be the problem with the noise.

I also ran it at a fixed pressure with no EPR , it wasn’t as comfortable as my standard settings w/ epr2.

My standard settings work good for me and I was trying to tame the nasal mask leaks with this gizmo, but I guess that’s not going to happen. I can see where it has the ability to eliminate mouth tapping for those that need to do that.

I just don’t see the benefit of this for a user that’s been on apap/cpap for awhile.  I will continue to read other reviews and may try it again later, but for me , it’s a no go.
Post Reply Post Reply
After another night I’m giving up on Vcom.
Tried lower pressure 8.2-10.2 with EPR 0, to see if aerophagia will be gone.
It was even worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2023, 04:54 PM)theredheadsaid Wrote: So ive been on CPAP since last summer, and found i do pretty well with EPR at 1. (My pressure is between 10-12). 
So, since the VCOM kind of acts the same as lowering the EPR (from what i understand), should i then raise my EPR back to 1?
I got the VCOM today, and tried it out quickly. It feels HARDER to exhale with it on! 
Just to test, i put EPR up to 3, and still feels hard.
I was testing it on dreamwear nasal, i’ll try it tonight with full face and see what that feels like.

Yes +1 feel the same

[It feels HARDER to exhale with it on! ]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 322 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  wheezing noise n20 with VCom ifsmithy 2 417 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night using VCOM VegasGMC 31 4,036 09-27-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 655 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,496 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it time to adjust up or down? SleeplessNSeattle 1 470 07-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  VCom for CPAP maryamorlagulao 1 743 07-11-2023, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.