Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Uzupan Therapy Thread
RE: 4 days on autoset for her update and feedback
(11-08-2022, 09:52 AM)Heracles Wrote: Here, I see that your pressure did increased above the mark of 12. This is probably why it went well for you these times. Here, the pressure increased above 12 also every time for the first 2 or 3 weeks until here and there, it starts capping at 12.

This is not accurate. AutoSet for Her mode does not cap the pressure at 12cm.

It will stop treating (obstructive) Apneas, by increasing pressure, at 12cm. But it will still increase pressure beyond 12cm, (all the way to 20cm) as a response to Flow Limits and Snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
head and pillow postion
I thought I would share this information so it may help someone. Head and pillow position does matter with Sleep Apnea. Last night I was able to sleep on my right side for about six hours. After waking up and  then laying back down I decided to switch to my left side. You can see the results from my last nights report. OF course it does not help when you are fighting a cold and congestion, too!!   Big Grin  Sleep on and sleep well!!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: head and pillow postion
Increase EPR from 2 to 3. Chin-tucking or positional apnea is one of the most common issues we deal with, and will not respond to pressure alone. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea Your example is pretty classic, however flow limitations are high throughout the night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wear a collar at night to keep from chin tucking because I found that I was doing that . It seems I have had issues with flow limits since I have started with CPAP and Oscar and I dont know what I can do beside the collar to help correct that. I have 2 collars at 2 different heights so I can't blame it on the collar.. My doctor has told me I have a very small throat opening and my neck size is 19, I am trying to lose weight. The Eye, Ear Throat doctor did not recommend surgery to help with that.

I have noticed when I change my EPR to 3,  I have more central apneas so that is why it is on 2, but I can change again to see if it improves, thanks, Sleeprider!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
As you adapt more to the therapy your tendency for CA events will eventually drop. The Vauto has a trigger sensitivity setting that we often use to take out therapy related central events, but that is not an option with the Autoset. Your results are pretty good overall.

Note, when you start new threads rather than continue with a single therapy thread, you don't get the benefit of us looking at your history and what other settings have been tried. Please keep your therapy threads together, or ask us to merge them for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh ok did not know that! Thanks. If you want to merge them, feel free to do so if that will be a help with someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see the same patterns in my charts, but I have a different interpretation. Many event patterns require someone with more experience than me but this one looks very similar to what I see. I don’t think it is positional but that you woke up close to wake up time.

I struggle with the decision to keep my CPAP on to have longer duration times or remove to have less events. Because I can have several nights in a row with AHI less than 1. And then I will have one where the entire night looks as good but then I wake. After waking, the events of all types show up a lot. I attribute it to being partially awake and my usual day time breathing where I appear to hold my breath frequently.

The analysis would be a very low AHI if the last 2 hours were excluded. But then AHI much higher looking at the entire sleep. But only I know the time after waking was trying to force myself to stay in bed to get my regular sleep time.
-- Bill
Struggling to keep the air moving like everyone else …  ?

Standard Disclaimer:
I'm just a CPAP user like you. I can't give medical advice. 
  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 972 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.