Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
I think it's representing an improvement. The cluster of events near the end of the session may possibly be Sleep/Wake Junk especially if it were to happen a bit closer to the very end. SWJ can happen when you're in between sleeping and waking, causing events due to a troubled sleep to wake breathing handoff. If this is happening, it doesn't signify any particular problem, it's just what happens as there is very different sleep and waking breathing components that causes very different breath patterns. And remember a CPAP type of machine is for sleep breathing, so monitoring waking breathing can cause machine confusion.

Anyway, the bottom line is this chart represents better sleeping than prior. Now the real test is how did you feel afterwards?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2020, 08:41 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I think it's representing an improvement. The cluster of events near the end of the session may possibly be Sleep/Wake Junk especially if it were to happen a bit closer to the very end. SWJ can happen when you're in between sleeping and waking, causing events due to a troubled sleep to wake breathing handoff. If this is happening, it doesn't signify any particular problem, it's just what happens as there is very different sleep and waking breathing components that causes very different breath patterns. And remember a CPAP type of machine is for sleep breathing, so monitoring waking breathing can cause machine confusion.

Anyway, the bottom line is this chart represents better sleeping than prior. Now the real test is how did you feel afterwards?

I honestly don't feel that much better than the night before last.
Post Reply Post Reply
That happens to some. Then again, the data only represents one night of improved results. It depends quite a bit on how long you've suffered with poor sleeping due to apnea. Possibly discouraging, but it may take some time for CPAP therapy to produce better feeling sleep after it's dialed in correctly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2020, 08:41 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This is exactly what I expected from lower pressure and will suggest you can go all the way to the minimum pressure settings I suggested previously of 8.0.  You still did not have obstructive apnea, but had some hypopnea and CA.  As we reduce your pressure, we should see CA reduced, and I suspect the hypopnea are not obstructive in this case, so the should go down as well.  I based that conclusion on the fact your flow limitation 95% is still 0.00.  Your optimum pressure is lower.

In the daily sidebar what's the difference between obstructive and hypopnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is not in the side-bar, it is an interpretation made on the basis of a lot of experience in looking at these charts and mainly the total lack of flow limitation or obstruction in any metric.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw the wat overventilated part and just wanted to get you down to 'normal'.  Almost there.  Try the min 8 SR mentioned and see what that brings.  You were so far from where you should have been it will likely take you some time to adjust.  I'm not sure how low your pressure should be yet, looking for some obstructive coming back, then possibly a small bump in pressure.

I'll add that an EPAP of 4 on a BiLevel is not nearly the same as a pressure of 4 on a CPAP/APAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Time is what you need and watch improvements as you adjust to suit you. As Dave said it's how you feel that counts most. I wasted alot of time with the machine I'm currently on.. and had to push to get another sleep study. When I left the study I felt great and I knew I needed a different machine and my Dr. told me this after a month of therapy. After being on this site a little while... I pushed for the second study.. I'm glad I did. I would have had to wait till July otherwise, that's where my Dr screwed up. It's how you feel the most, and a woman agreed with me at my Dr's office.. and they ordered a second sleep study.

I hope I'm not being too lengthly here.

The Dr. who read my study interpreted the first study as OA, and I had to go on APAP to see if it would have cleared up OA which, again higher pressures could cause CA. At the second sleep study, the tech asked me "what brought you in tonight" I said spit study CPAP/Bilevel titration... "that's not what they ordered" ?? I let it go... but when I went to my room, I mentioned what I had with the machine I was on..and again mentioned what They ordered..... and the tech said.. "split study is connecting all the wires and CPAP/BiPAP tittration, I'm just doing CPAP to see if you're CA are still there.... if they are then I'll switch you over to BiPAP, trust me I've been doing this 25 years" what a waste of MORE tiiimmme.... SMH. SO I thought to myself... Ok at least I'll go on BiPAP tonight... do what you want, I thought glaring at him.. Guess what he wind up doing, after I said I still had CA's after being on the APAP for 3 months? A CAPA/BiPAP titration WITH the Polysomnographic (wire harness) anaylasis. Go Figure.... so at least he was listening to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2020, 09:22 AM)bonjour Wrote: I'll add that an EPAP of 4 on a BiLevel is not nearly the same as a pressure of 4 on a CPAP/APAP

Could you elaborate on that sentence? Why isn't it the same pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
Because on a BiLevek you ADD pressure support, whereas on a CPAP you Subtract EPR, but you cannot go below 4.

So CPAP your IPAP is 4
On BiLevel IPAP is 8 based on a fairly standard PS of 4
Post Reply Post Reply

About the same numbers as last night.  Less centrals and more hypopneas, but overall AHI slightly over 2.0.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,333 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 929 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 455 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.