Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Journey
RE: VAuto Journey
Do you feel well rested and/or that the apnea treatment is serving you well? Me says complain your heart out, as applicable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your treated AHI is generally over 5 your not adequately treated
Post Reply Post Reply
Your response is, my sleep is not what it should be. I experience primarily central apnea. I want a titration that includes ASV if indicated.

That is all. You are in the U.K. NHS system, and you get what they give you. We have a lot of British citizens that give up on the system and order what they need from the U.S. They will tax it, but you will get treated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt work just as well as the AirCurve10 ASV?  I'm seeing some gently used S9 online at reasonable prices.  Also, a while back when I changed my trigger sensitivity on my BiPAP to very high my CA events have gone down some.  If my BiPAP with high trigger sensitvity isn't treating my CA, what is it doing?  I'm having trouble understanding.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are two models of the Vpap adapt 36007 and 36037 you want the 36037 version as that has the newer ASV auto mode I see them availiable without a humidifier for $150 on the Dotmed Website from a company called EMS supply I have bought 2 from them in the past and were exactly as described you can then get a new humidifier and tub from Supplier #2
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 VPAP Adapt 36037 uses the same algorithm as the Aircurve 10 ASV. It is a great machine in a different form factor. Keep in mind that the S9 requires you to lock the SD card before putting it into a computer, and unlocked when returned to the machine.

Your Vauto does not treat CA, however when transient CA events occur, we have observed that a high trigger sensitivity seems to help reduce events. I assume this is because the machine switches to IPAP with less spontaneous inspiratory effort, but the machine does not have a backup breath rate or the ability to adaptively increase pressure support to treat central events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know Clear Airway are Central Events and Obstructive is physical obstruction, but what is hypopnea?
Post Reply Post Reply
there may be more than one definition out there but the bottom line is that hypopnea are partial apnea. some say it's a 30-50% reduction in flow. hypopnea can be obstructive or central but are rarely determined one way or the other in sleep tests.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed. Hypopnea can be central or obstructive but medical tests lump these together.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,331 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 849 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 547 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 5 928 03-19-2024, 03:39 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 454 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.