Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VAuto Trigger Setting
VAuto Trigger Setting
I know the trigger setting is often recommended for users that see CA's and it resolves them. My question is, does the trigger setting have influence on other events? I have recently changed my trigger setting from 'High' back to 'Med' for the last 3 weeks. What I have noticed is an increase in events across the board, OA's & H's. I went from an AHI average around .3 to 1.3 with the trigger on 'Med' the past 3 weeks.

Any insight into this? With the trigger at a lower setting does it increase the likelihood of events at the end of exhalation and start of inhalation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VAuto Trigger Setting
If you were more comfortable at a high trigger setting, then by all means use it. I have not observed a correlation to obstructive events, but there are so many permutation of individual therapy, perhaps there is something to that. An AHI of 1.3 is still pretty darn good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know the AHI is still pretty decent, but was experimenting since I was having the heavy eyes issue and figured it was worth a shot. I am putting the trigger back to 'high' tonight and will see what happens. From looking at my data, the 'Med' trigger setting seems to allow events to creep into my flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did it go by adjusting trigger back to high?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 0 18 30 minutes ago
Last Post: DFWdude
  Understanding Trigger Sensitivity stevesleep 3 128 07-23-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto - What Settings To Use? stevesleep 27 856 07-23-2024, 07:17 AM
Last Post: stevesleep
  Setting Pressure While Difficult to Exhale atgg11 11 468 07-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: atgg11
  Aircurve 11 VAUTO vs. Aircurve 10 VAUTO MrIvanDrago 8 409 07-21-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Help needed with Aircurve 10 Vauto settings SDM1 8 411 07-16-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Trigger Settings - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 178 07-15-2024, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.