Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP 25 AUTO
VPAP 25 AUTO
Hello guys,

I need to replace my VPAP 25 AUTO (RES MED) and I really want to be in control of this. The substitute is supposed to be
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto with H5i Humidifier and ClimateLine
an auto titrating (auto adjusting) bi-level device using a 2 pressure delivery system.

Could anyone here tell me if there is a significant difference between the S9 VPAP Auto and ResMed VPAP Adapt with Humidifier and ClimateLine?
I am interested in getting the best possible machine because I have Pulmonary Hypertension and it is getting worse, so I might need something with greeter flow accuracy. Does the more expensive VPAP Adapt LACK anything that the VPAP AUTO has?

Please, no lecturing. There is quite a bit of that around here.
I just need practical factual details.

I appreciate this!

L
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VPAP 25 AUTO
VPAP Auto is a bilevel - http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...-auto.html

VPAP Adapt is for treating central apnea but can be used as regular auto bilevel for the treatment of mixed apnea - http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...adapt.html

Probably the biggest difference will be price. The VPAP Auto is about $1600 while the VPAP Adapt is, with the only website that listed a price, is over $3000.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
One of our members replaced his S8 VPAP 25 Auto with the S9 VPAP Auto.
It's a good machine. Both machines can put out 25 cm-H2O pressure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lucy Van Pelt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2014, 07:50 AM)justMongo Wrote: One of our members replaced his S8 VPAP 25 Auto with the S9 VPAP Auto.
It's a good machine. Both machines can put out 25 cm-H2O pressure.

Yes one of our members did and I like the S9 VPAP Auto a lot. I find that it is gentler than the S8 VPAP 25 Auto was and the transitions from EPAP to IPAP are much smoother. My S8 seemed like it would sometimes get out of sync with my breathing and just run off on its own rhythm. I managed to reduce this problem to almost nil but it took a lot of tweaking. The S9 has been no problem.

I am extremely happy with the Climateline tubing which is not available on the S8. I was having to get creative with rainout solutions with the S8. With the S9 with Climateline it has been set and forget.

I also wanted to get the high sample rate flow rate data that the S8 does not provide but the S9 does.

The S9 is quieter than the S8 was not that the S8 was all that noisy.

I also like the 3 piece, stainless steel humidity tank for the humidifier in place of the standard 2 piece aluminum tank. The S9 tanks all come apart so that they can be cleaned more easily than the S8. The stainless steel 3 piece tank gives more even humidification as the level of the water drops than either the 2 piece S9 tank or the S8 tank. It has better air routing for moisture pick-up.

The water tank on the S9 is slightly smaller than the one on the S8 but it also seems to humidify more effectively and use a little less water.

I like the controls better on the S9. The On/Off button is easy to find in the dark and easy to activate and I like the way the scroll and select knob works.

If you are getting the idea that I was really happy with my upgrade from S8 to S9, you would be a little under the mark. Yes, I am ecstatic.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Edit: Sorry, I reread your question and found out that I answered the wrong question.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The VPAP Adapt is a great machine for central and mixed apnea and Cheyne-Stokes respiration. It has very little in the way of adjustments, letting the software do it all. This may or may not be an issue with your pulmonary hypertension. The Adapt is also pretty expensive, as stated earlier.

In addition to the S9 and new A10 series, Resmed also make several different types of ventilators (eg Stellar). It might be worth exploring these to see if there's anything which is a better match for your condition. (Alternatively, it might be over kill).

Finally, Philips have a range of BiPap machines which generally are more adjustable than the corresponding Resmeds. One of these might suit you better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 595 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 626 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.