Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP ST Help
RE: VPAP ST Help
Since AHI is high in IVAPS Mode, in ST mode; EPAP: 4
IPAP: 15
Ti min: 0.3
Ti max: 2.5 rise time: 200
trigger: high
cycle: medium
AH: 3.17
UA: 2.22
H: 0.95

Does it make sense to use these settings?

I have no knowledge of sleep apnea. I don't want to comment wrong. I want to apply what you have written first.

Note: I will get a soft cervical collar
Post Reply Post Reply
It is certainly not our intention to increase AHI. The machine you needed was an ASV, which demonstrated efficacy in a test, and we were trying to adapt ST-A to work. Apparently that effort is not working well to resolve CA events. With higher EPAP pressure, events were worse, so I will assume we are dealing with central apnea. If you are willing to try iVAPS one more time, I have another solution that might help. I'd I would like to take settings down to EPAP 5.0, PS min 0.0, PS max 15.0. The idea is to prevent triggering central events. The problem is iVAPS does not back off pressure support when CA is not present, but continues to try to meet ventilation goals with pressure support. Again, ASV worked based on your testing, and if you continue with ST or iVAPS mode and don't achieve those results, you need to get the ASV. What kind of health system prevents patients from betting the therapy they need, even when tests show it works?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello. I couldn't write because I was on an emergency trip for a few days. Today I will try the settings you want and write the results. Thank you @Sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply
The real solution is to get ASV. I understand that you said ASV is not sold in Turkey, but there is really not a good substitute. If you look at Supplier #2, they sell new and used ASVs at reasonable prices and ship overseas. It can be hard to come up with that much money ($1749 to $2149 USD plus shipping), but this is the therapy that will give you back your life.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV's in Turkey. But insurance only pays 30%. Example: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV 4000 €, insurance only pay 1300 €. But apparently I have to buy this. In this case, 600 € for Bipap ST will be rubbish. I used it at the values you suggested last night. I added the results.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The AHI values are high in IVAPS mode, I am asking the same question again, but if I use between 3-5 and the AHI value I obtained in ST mode; machine's trigger etc. Is a health problem caused by?

Post Reply Post Reply
iVAPS has not worked as expected, and your ST results at 15/4 were considerably better. I don't know that we can help improve on those results with this different mode, and the most responsible recommendation is that you go back to what worked at least marginally better. I am very reluctant to continue experimenting with iVAPS when it nearly doubles your AHI.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
In ST mode; EPAP: 4
IPAP: 15
Ti min: 0.3
Ti max: 2.5 rise time: 200
trigger: high
loop: medium
AHI: 3.17
UA: 2.22
H: 0.95

I will try again tonight with these settings. Thank you @Sleeprider
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,229 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.