Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP and mask compatibility
VPAP and mask compatibility
I have the resmed VPAP adapt machine.   Been using Aloha nasal pillow mask for years but now have problems.
Told by sales staff that do not seem to even know difference between machines that all masks work with all machines.
Have purchased two resmed nasal pillows mask to try only to read in booklet not compatible to use with my VPAPmachine.
Again, all sales people clueless and its impossible to thru to a human at Resmed to help!  Anyone?  what nasal pillows
work with vpap adapt?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VPAP and mask compatibility
I know we have users using ASV with ResMed P10 Nasal Pillows. As long as you deliver air with minimal leaks, including mouth leaks I'd like to know why pillows will not work.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe all brand and type masks work with any machine except the new airmini Cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day bigschtick. Welcome to Apnea Board.

In general, all masks are usable on all machines (except the AirMini). I'd be grateful if you could let me know which ones you saw that are not compatible.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have purchased two nasal pillows on advice from sales at Supplier #1 Commercial Link Removed and was told: "all masks work with all machines" until I read the pamphlet from resmed that  came with each mask that clearly said not compatible with rested vpap adapt !   I even tried both masks to see if it was an issue with
the auto start up function and could not get either to work, in effect, to even get machine started.   The sales receipt on the machine shows Vpap adapt SV.
I will try to find the masks to see which ones I purchased.  Right back where I started with no help at all from Resmed, unbelievable.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I found  one of the mask that did not work, a Resmed Airfit P10.   From pamphlet: "
This mask is not compatible for use with Autoset CS 2 and VPAP SV devices".  The other mask 
I purchased and did not use, a resmed mask said the same thing!  If I could only get thru to the halfwits at
the company, maybe I could get a list of nasal pillows that work other than the Aloha and Nuance pro!  I spent
over an hour trying to get a human and it was always contact sellers and you get some kids on the phone that really have no technical
knowledge off the product.  And by the way, Optigen sucks though I end up purchasing supplies from private venders.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the P10 with my VPAP Adapt - I hated it, but it worked fine with the machine. I know other users here also use it so I have no idea why Resmed says it's not compatible.

I do know that some machines don't use smart-start properly with pillows, but for me that's not an issue as I never use it anyway. I suggest you try the P10 and just press the button to turn the machine on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2017, 09:40 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I've used the P10 with my VPAP Adapt - I hated it, but it worked fine with the machine. I know other users here also use it so I have no idea why Resmed says it's not compatible.

I do know that some machines don't use smart-start properly with pillows, but for me that's not an issue as I never use it anyway. I suggest you try the P10 and just press the button to turn the machine on.

I did try that and it still did not work but will try again and thank you for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bigschtick,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Wellue Oximeter Ring Compatibility upsman 6 725 09-09-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.