Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VS2's
VS2's
[attachment=3760]
I am now about 7 months in with my treatment and have been getting progressively better in terms of my numbers- July was the best by far with an average AHI of under 1.0 !
My questions deals with a dramatic change in VS2 scores- I have researched as much as I can find and have also read some on this board but I still do not feel I have a handle on exactly what it means. Basically I have not had any scores on this section of the report until recently- starting August 1st, my numbers of VS2 scores have averaged 37 per night for the past 7 days- my AHI has averaged 1.0 during that time so it doesn't seem to be impacting that although last night my score was 1.58. I have attached a screen shot of last night to show the most recent results.

I feel fine although I do wake up several times per night- I wear a Dreamwear nasal cushion each night- I am a mouth breather but I have been one since I began treatment. I feel like I have that under control by wearing a Mandibular Advancement device (somnodent classic) and I tape my mouth. The only thing that I can think of, in terms of doing something different, is that about the time these VS2's started showing up I also began taking a sleep aid (Advaslept Mature) which is all natural and non addictive to help me sleep. I  played alot of football in my younger years and I am dealing with many old injuries which I feel effects my ability to sleep thru the night.

Anyway, if anyone has any info on this topic of VS2's, I would certainly appreciate your input- I don't know if these are something to be concerned with or not.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VS2's
Any chance you have your CPAP tubing rubbing on an edge simulating a snore?

if you haven't read this please do so
VS2 Events
Post Reply Post Reply
You know that could be something- I have it wrapped over the top rail of my bed- I'll look at that- thanks you very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just turn off VS2 events under preferences in Sleepyhead and ignore it.  Otherwise it lights up my chart like a Christmas tree.  Even with the explanation of what VS2 is, (courtesy of Robysue) I'm willing to bet that most of us still don't quite understand just what it is.

And the bottom line for me is that I no longer snore since starting CPAP therapy so all my VS2 events (and I get anywhere from none to 20 per night) are something unknown.  I know I don't snore because my better half no longer has to elbow me to get me to stop.  I now only get "why didn't you start CPAP sooner?!  I've been telling you for years you stop breathing in your sleep!"

Yes dear.  You were right......again.

And my average AHI has been consistently under 1 for the past year.
Post Reply Post Reply
For Respironics users only:
I turned VS2 off a long time ago.  From what I understand from reading about  VS2 in The Beginners Guide to SH, that no one really knows for sure what it means.  I do leave the VS flags on though.

I know VS2 flags are not snores.  Before Cpap, I would wake myself up with snores.  
Also, my husband said he's never heard me snore in over 2 years.

I recommend that folk just turn it off.  Don't we have enough to deal with than worry about something that doesn't make a difference in our therapy.   Dont-know

Now if your the type who likes to study all that stuff, read RobySue's link above.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The
Thanks for the advice- am turning it off today!!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.