Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again
Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again
Has anyone had this experience? I was on vacation for a week and had solid seven hours a night of successful sleeping with the machine. Now that I'm home, I'm back to struggling. The only big difference is the pillows at the hotel were really squishy. Maybe also just the general level of anxiety is lower while on vacation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vacation - CPAP compliance was amazing, now home and I'm struggling again
I just had this happen for me while on a week trip to St Lucia. Some of the best sleep numbers and feeling great which then went up when I came back home. Most of the week I had numbers under 0.7
A thinner pillow is usually recommended for better AHI results. I have to use a nearly flat small travel pillow. Altitude can make a difference also.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I hadn't heard this. I thought it was better to be more propped up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 124 7 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 85 9 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 273 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,932 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 225 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 216 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.