Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which filter type?
Which filter type?
I recently purchased a Dreamstation Pro CPAP and have been looking at replacement filters for it. There seems to be two main types of filters for this CPAP machine (disregarding disposable foam. etc.); Ultra-fine and pollen. I do have allergies to pollen so on the surface, it seems the pollen filter is the best choice. However, I also have issues with dust particles as well. So my question is, will the Ultra-fine also filter pollen or will the pollen filter equal or better the Ultra-fine in dust collection/filtering? Unlike HVAC filters, CPAP machine filters don't seem to have any type of rating system so its hard to compare them by relying on "marketing speak". I've been a CPAP user for over 20 years and I used to make my own filter inserts from vacuum cleaner filters that were combination carbon impregnated foam with several different layers of paper filters similar to face mask. These filters were extremely efficient, cheap to make, but unfortunately no longer available.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which filter type?
Welcome to AB,

It's been a few years for me using a DreamStation, but I had used the standard 2 piece regular air inlet filters. You'll probably want some feedback from others, but I didn't find a need for specialty filtering.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oopps.  Stupid Me!  After posting this question I started looking on Amazon for replacement filters and kept wondering why most of ones for the Dreamstation came with both filter types. Then the light bulb went on in my head. They are used in tandem! Thanks for the input, you were spot on.

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries on it. I won't charge for that one. Coffee

I think the ones I used had a blue plastic frame, and one clipped onto the other then together they went in the slot.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 252 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,876 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 417 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,080 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.