Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vent Obstructions in OSCAR?
Vent Obstructions in OSCAR?
Hello

I've been using the Dreamwear Full Face for a few months now (yes I've followed the replacement schedule and yes my profile is inaccurate.)
However, whenever I received a new full face piece, I noticed myself waking up less and less refreshed. I concluded it to be mask fitting issues so I readjusted my fitting, however this changed nothing. 

I also began to have all day headaches, and I've had minor headaches waking up before, but these just wouldn't go away. Tension headaches on the sides of my head, and they're beginning to drive me mad.

I started to notice how the vents in the Dreamwear would constantly find themselves obstructed either by my hair or by my blanket.
Recently however, I noticed that I have large dips in my total leaks, and I cannot find any explanation for them.

The pressure sometimes will go up while the total leaks remain constant. The mask at my pressure is expected to have around a 25 or so leak rate, however there are extended periods of time where it will drop to 18 to 15 for around 5 to 30 minutes.

My blood CO2 levels last measured in July were 34 mmol/l, these dips have appeared occasionally throughout my usage of this mask. Some nights there are absolutely no leak dips and others they are completely everywhere.

Can't find any further information on the forum, mainly because whenever I search for leaks I just get excessive leaks rather than leaks under the expected amount.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vent Obstructions in OSCAR?
It would be best to post your daily Oscar data a full screen shot based on the f12 setting.

Which vents the top ones or the chin ones?

Are you pulling the blanket over your face or up over you nose?

This could block the nose vent which could cause issues.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vent Obstructions in OSCAR?
Yes we do need to see the entire oscar chart including the left column.  The daily report is the one we need.  And I assume that you know the Dreamstation has been recalled...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,037 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 184 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 515 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,696 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 598 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 761 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 427 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.