Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very high events per hour
RE: Very high events per hour
Okay, hopefully this is okay the company name is bemesonline.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK yep I've looked at their site before myself. I can't vouch for them as I've not bought from them. I'm not saying they're not good to deal with, just that I've not shopped there yet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
Cpapdirect has new Aircurve 10 ASVs for $2900 on a "temporary" price reduction. I bought mine from them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mr. Rat
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2021, 05:07 PM)Ron Poelstra Wrote: Thank you!

I have reset the machine settings and contacted my doc and requested a new study.

So, just an update.  I have been tweaking my machine settings and may have found something that works.  Two nights ago I reset them to:

Machine Setting

Mode
VPAPauto
Min EPAP
5.00 cmH2O
Max IPAP
10.00 cmH2O
PS
2.20 cmH2O
No
Climate Control
Auto
On
Humidifier Status
On
Humidity Level
Mask
Pillows

The first night on those settings netted an AHI of 12.88; two nights  before my settings from a previous trial were 40.85 and then the new settings netted 19.92.  After reading about cervical collars and the possibility of stopping my mouth from popping open and thus huge leaks, I received my collar and tried it last night, voila, 0.85 AHI.  Hopefully I am on the right track.  Nothing back from my doc on a new study, but I have an appointment for a consultation with her next week.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been suggesting members that need ASV check out the Dotmed website under Respiratory/BiPAP and filter for Resmed. There have been a number of Resmed S9 Adapt SV 36007 and Aircurve 10 ASV machines for $400 to $800. Although there are some hours on these machines, they will serve to demonstrate the efficacy of ASV and will resolve you central apnea until you can demonstrate the difference to your doctor. Inventory from the sellers changes frequently, so if you don't find something keep looking and it will probably come up.

Central apnea is consistently inconsistent, and we have already seen that a good night or two is often followed by a high AHI with the same settings. Pretty typical when you are using the wrong tool for the job. I hope your doctor will get onboard sooner than later. Are you still using the high or very-high trigger sensitivity?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the trigger is still set very high.  I agree with what you say here because I experience it often.  A few good nights and then wow, here we go again.  I will look at that site today, my DME is also on the lookout for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

You have said this a few times on this thread,

"Central apnea is consistently inconsistent, and we have already seen that a good night or two is often followed by a high AHI with the same settings. Pretty typical when you are using the wrong tool for the job. I hope your doctor will get onboard sooner than later."

My experience shows just how accurate that statement is.  With the settings recommended by you and Gideon my Centrals have decreased but now obstructives are up. I have increased one setting as you will see from the Oscar post.  

My doctor has agreed to see me this Friday, hopefully she will agree with changing to an ASV.

Let me know if you have any suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 13 398 2 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Still tired and CA events liebano 1 39 5 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 273 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.