Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very high events per hour
RE: Very high events per hour
(09-03-2021, 02:42 PM)Ron Poelstra Wrote: The new settings did make a difference last night, but I have experienced the one off good night before.  We will see how the next few night go.  But, again, last night was a major improvement.  Thank you to all for the great advice.  I have not yet heard back form the doc.

CA tends to be consistently inconsistent, but this is a very promising looking improvement!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That has happened before, I will have several bad to really bad nights and then surprise, surprise a couple good.  Could it be the altitude, that was also suggested as a cause?  Last night was up a bit to 6.4.  I haven't looked at the Oscar data yet this morning, that is next on the adgenda.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure you have noticed, but I need to say, that the people on this forum really are the "greatest"!
Post Reply Post Reply
After looking at Oscar data today I nave noticed that my events/hr are gradually increasing 2.5/6.4 and 9.5 for the last three nights.  I did notice however the last night the events could be large leak induced.  Does it make sense to look for a refurbished ASV machine?  I did notice a company in NJ that has a refurbished Resmed 10 ASV for $1300.00.   Does this make sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense? The price, yes possible that is accurate. The ASV is going to be at the top of the ResMed 10 series PAP pricing. If you are seriously considering this, get definite confirmation that it is in fact ASV and of the Run Hours, not the same as user hours. Run hours are the total machine hours like odometers on cars. User hours are like trip odometers, can be reset for more or less whatever reason, total hours should only be reset for motor replacement.

Check Supplier #2 as well on their inventory. See if there's an ASV. Series 9 or 10 would be acceptable as new or gently used. CALL them if you see one you're interested in, they can verbally state different pricing than advertised and can tell you exact run hours.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave, I will check them out!
Post Reply Post Reply
Lately Supplier #2 has been very expensive, nearly doubling their prices this year. The $1300 offer for a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV sounds very good. Do verify what machine this is and its condition.

I guess I'm just repeating S. Dave.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I properly ask if anyone has heard of or dealt with this company?

Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
You can post a name, just not a link to sellers or DME websites.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To add to Dave's statement above, you can not list the domain resolution suffix (e.g: .com, .net, etc.)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 347 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 694 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 265 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.