Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
***  ---  Please Note:  This thread is no longer valid  ---  ***
- This Thread Is Closed -

Due to Android system upgrades, ViHealth version 2.63 will no longer operate on your device.  For this reason, the download link is now deleted.  Please use the most current version.

ViHealth, version 2.65.0, has a bug that prevents the creation of the binary file that is used by OSCAR.  The prior version, 2.63.0, allows for the binary file creation.  You can downgrade to this version by downloading its APK file and manually install it.  Before you do this, you need to turn off the automatic upgrade for this app, or it will go back to the latest version.  Then you will need to uninstall your current version before installing version 2.63.0.

I will wait to see if anyone needs the steps on how to preform any of these operations before listing them here.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
In Europe, the current version is 2.66.0 and it practically does not work, it gets stuck continuously. Can you tell me how to get back to APK 2.63.0 ?. Where to get it from? I have another question: is there a way to import multiple vihealth files from OSCAR at once, without going one by one ?. Almost two years have been deleted, day by day! There are sooo many files to go one by one ...
RE: ViHealth(2.65.0) App for Viatom/Wellue Oximeters Prevents Binary File Creation
(07-14-2021, 07:55 AM)astracan Wrote: In Europe, the current version is 2.66.0 and it practically does not work, it gets stuck continuously. Can you tell me how to get back to APK 2.63.0 ?. Where to get it from? I have another question: is there a way to import multiple vihealth files from OSCAR at once, without going one by one ?. Almost two years have been deleted, day by day! There are sooo many files to go one by one ...

I have already downloaded the APK from the manufacturer's site. My question now is whether the stored files will be deleted when the app is deleted, so I don't know whether to do it or not. I have a lot of files stored in the app, almost three years old. Help?
***  This post is no longer valid  ***

OK!  Your last question first. OSCAR has been updated to allow for multiple file selection and will be in the next release.

Installing  ViHealth 2.63 and it not being updated:
First, you will need to turn off the auto-update feature for this app, or it will be updated after you install 2.63.   Go to the Google App store and select the ViHealth app.  After it is displayed, tap on its image, like you want to install it(again).  Once you are in the screen that is displaying, "Uninstall", look at the upper right for the 3 vertical dots.   Select the 3-dots and turn off the last option, "Disable auto-update".  Now, you will need to uninstall your current version.

Goo luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I was writing my previous post while you were posting yours.  For safety, I would connect the Android to your PC and download the ViHealth directory for safekeeping before upgrading.  You can use your USB charging cord for this connection.  If you haven't connected your phone before, once a connection is established, a permission prompt will appear on your phone.  Select, "Allow", to gain file access.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that a member, sergio, has provided the SQL script to extract the binary files from the Viatom/Wellue database (PlusebitO2.db).

If you have an SQL database engine (e.g. sqlite in this case).   If not, there are several free downloads available.
Code:
for filename in `sqlite3 ./PlusebitO2.db 'select mFileName from sleepData'`; do echo $filename; (sqlite3 PlusebitO2.db "select quote(dataBuf) from sleepData where mFileName = '$filename'" | cut -d\' -f2 | xxd -r -p > $filename); done
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Anyone know how this might apply to Apple IOS version?  I have "Device Software Version" 1.4.0 and iPhone App version 2.24.0.  Working o.k. for now.  Seems that with IOS only option to avoid automatic app updates is to turn off for all apps; no option to do so for selected app only.
(07-14-2021, 06:59 PM)PAZ99 Wrote: Anyone know how this might apply to Apple IOS version?  I have "Device Software Version" 1.4.0 and iPhone App version 2.24.0.  Working o.k. for now.  Seems that with IOS only option to avoid automatic app updates is to turn off for all apps; no option to do so for selected app only.

IOS latest Viatom is fine. Only android is affected
For Android the binary export is (was?) less necessary, see http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ndroid_App

Are they no longer storing their data that way? If so, I'll update the wiki.
It depends on the ViHealth version. Up to Android version 2.63 the binary file was created whenever you viewed the data. On version 2.65, some genius decided that the user didn't need the binary file. It seems that Wellue/Viatom had so many complaints, that they issued a new version that once again includes the binary file creation. They got the idea to prefix the normal file name with the model name in version 2.71. Now the file names are SleepU_yyyymmddhhmmss and O2Ring_yyyymmddhhmmss. These are the only two models I have seen. Both have a 7 character prefix. I don't know how a "CheckMe" model will be handled.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Wiki until this naming convention settles down. It seems that this is changing on every version release.

One side note: The odd number versions of ViHealth are for North America, and the even numbers are for European distribution.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

-checks- I have Version 2.72 (which according to the description is unavailable in Europe.. Maybe my version is specific to Australia?)
oddly though, the files stored on the phone (which do indeed start with O2Ring_) have twice as much data as the ones generated by the PC software. I ran one of those binaries from the phone through the o2convert python script to get a CSV and it seems to have a nominal resolution of 1 reading every 2 seconds, where the PC software generates binaries with a 4 second interval. The binary the o2r script downloads directly from the O2 Ring itself also has a 4 second interval as does the CSV actually generated by the ViHealth app itself.

-Neelix

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 1 21 4 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 62 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 917 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 880 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 156 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 141 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Vihealth cuts off too soon sammiller 8 313 03-10-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.