Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Viatom CheckMe O2 data files and OSCAR
Viatom CheckMe O2 data files and OSCAR
Hi there!

Excuse me if this is the wrong place, I'm still figuring my way through all of this.

I'm newly on APAP for primarily CSA (the OSA is probably not even enough to qualify for a diagnosis, the CSA is severe, over 80 AHI during the home sleep study. I've had the Viatom CheckMe O2 SpO2 monitor (it's a small device on a plastic wrist band with a ring sensor that goes on your finger - it's easy to find on Amazon but I don't want to post a link just in case that would break the rules). I noticed this device isn't officially covered by OSCAR although it DOES seem to be working correctly if I use the manual Viatom import. As ít prompted me that the format wasn't known, I was wondering if there is somewhere that I can share the data files and if that would be helpful? 

Unfortunately, most of my older data is using an older version of the Viatom O2 Insight (not pro) software and while it does import this data, it doesn't look correct (the timings seem to be wrong on the SpO2 compared to the pulse). The problem is that I can't import these older entries into either the new version of O2 Insight Pro, or into OSCAR, so for now it looks like I will have to manually save the data if it's not an easy fix - I suspect it's just a data translation error where the Sp02 is recorded at a different frequency.

Would these data files be useful? I'm happy to give more information if needed, or to zip the Viatom data files up and send them to anyone involved in the development of OSCAR if so.

Thanks in advance - I'm just waiting for my card reader to arrive so that I can get the full data from the APAP and hopefully advocate better for my self-management.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Viatom CheckMe O2 data files and OSCAR
Hi Ratchick! - Welcome
The Checkme series contains a signature and termination difference in its data file from the O2 series devices. I have submitted a fix for this in the latest Alpha code of OSCAR. If you are handy with computers, you can download the code and compile your own version, using the free Qt 5.12.10 (LTS) compiler.

For your information; An oddity exists between the PC and the Cellular/Bluetooth version of the data files by the software that is provided by the manufacturer. The PC based software records in 4 second intervals, whereas the cellular (Android and iPhone) records in 2 second intervals, although it duplicates (double reports) the 4-second reading to accomplish this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

Ahhh that would explain the older data issues - it DID look as though there was only about half as many entries for the SpO2 readings as there were for pulse rate. It's clearly down to the difference between how the older O2 Insight software created the files. All of my data are from the Windows software rather than Android/Bluetooth. 

I must admit, I've not compiled software for decades, and my coding was all done in Visual Studio, so I'm a sorry excuse for a dev Bigwink and I may have to wait on a new release to see if it handles the older data files. It's not a huge emergency right now, it's just something that I'd like to be able to integrate the older data so I have that comparison of before and after in one place. Otherwise, I may just take a look at the older files and compare them to the new version, and see if it's easy enough to convert it. I wish I could simply import it into the new version of O2 Insight Pro but I don't see a way of doing that, either, which is a shame. But I'll keep an eye open for the next official release.

Thanks so much for your help and the welcome. This is a steep learning curve and a lot of frustration to get any kind of treatment. I'm hoping that what I see on OSCAR will allow me to talk to the sleep clinic more effectively.
Post Reply Post Reply
The person that supplied me with the Checkme data files is using a Mac. Based on the information I have gathered, the newer version that is designed to run on the Mac's latest OS release, Big Sur, uses only a Bluetooth connection and no USB/HID connection is provided. I'm wondering if this is a sign of future releases by the Viatom/Wellue group.

Also, when communicating with your sleep clinic, remember to use small words. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ratchick, I'm curious how your CPAP therapy is going so far. For central apnea, you will likely need a different machine (ASV) eventually. Some people manage to have far fewer central events with CPAP, but most with predominately central apnea will not achieve efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2021, 12:53 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Also, when communicating with your sleep clinic, remember to use small words.  Big Grin

Too-funny  

I've got a complex medical history, and that definitely seems to be the way to go with a lot of doctors, sadly. Play clueless and make them think they thought of it because otherwise, they roll their eyes and snark about Dr Google - which is even more frustrating when you see them surreptitiously Googling your condition for more information...!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2021, 01:44 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ratchick, I'm curious how your CPAP therapy is going so far. For central apnea, you will likely need a different machine (ASV) eventually.  Some people manage to have far fewer central events with CPAP, but most with predominately central apnea will not achieve efficacy.

Yeah, it's... going? Long story short (the full one is probably better in the main forum when my card reader arrives and I can share some graphs), it's better than without it but still pretty cruddy. I'm definitely having fewer events but still anything from mid 20s to mid 50s/hr even with the CPAP. Obstructive events are one or two an hour at most. Hypos are maybe one or two a night. But as expected, the vast majority of events are central, still. (At least this seems to be the case from what I can work out just from the clinical summary on the machine). I definitely agree that ASV would probably be far more effective but I'm guessing they want to see if CPAP will work alone. Which, as you say, it probably won't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Viatom Visual Oxy (NOT CheckMe)!
So turns out I have a cruddy memory (who'd have thought, with the AHI I have). Seems my Viatom is actually the Visual Oxy - NOT the CheckMe. Though it looks almost the same and seems to work the same. The only issue is that the name doesn't show up in the summary table (it has the manufacturer and serial number, which is more than it has for my CMS50E). I would edit the title of the thread to add the correction, but I can't.

Just thought I would re-offer in case anyone would like to look at the data files from this particular one. I don't think it's that different - all the data seems to be importing as I would expect.

I also spoke to Viatom about the units for movement, if that's of any interest. They said it's based on acceleration, where a score of 32 is the equivalent of 1G, based on sensors in all three dimensions. As I've been struggling to get the number of desat events reported in the Viatom software to match what Oscar reports, I asked about how they calculate ODIs and it seems that (apparently) it's ANY drop of either 3 or 4% below the baseline level. They didn't however mention that it was time-dependent or the method of calculating their baseline, either, so that's only of limited use. But I thought the "units" of movement might be useful.

I also was provided with a small executable file that allows you to convert older data (from O2 Insight prior to the release/existence of O2 Insight Pro) - I don't know if that would be of any use to anyone else? It creates a new .db file and linked data files that work with O2 Insight Pro rather than adding it to the existing one as they said it would, but I imagine you could manually merge these into an existing one if you were really desperate. But if you just need to convert them to import into OSCAR, it works just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
In case they have provided another class for your model, please send me one of the raw data files.  Here is my upload link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/derxg8ntbwjkl...IubBa?dl=0  

Currently, the Viatom/Wellue loader will load the Checkme series and the O2Ring and SleepU devices.  As far as the .db file, that is used by Viatom/Wellue analysis software for its file management.   OSCAR uses its own internal file management.   Using another vendor's database could lead to problems later if they decided to change its format.

Edit:
I tried looking up your device with some success. Even though the same product is named Viatom in your area of the world and Wellue in my area, you think that the device names would be the same. . . Not! I was guessing the different product name was due to some trademark or licensing restriction, but to use different model names? Go figure! - Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: In case they have provided another class for your model, please send me one of the raw data files.  Here is my upload link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/derxg8ntbwjkl...IubBa?dl=0  

I will do that now - as far as I can tell it pretty much works as expected, but you might see something new.

(05-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Currently, the Viatom/Wellue loader will load the Checkme series and the O2Ring and SleepU devices.  As far as the .db file, that is used by Viatom/Wellue analysis software for its file management.   OSCAR uses its own internal file management.   Using another vendor's database could lead to problems later if they decided to change its format.

Gotcha - I wasn't trying to do anything with the .db file in OSCAR, for clarification, it was more rounding out that (despite their assurances that it would add them to an existing database) it created a second "profile" in the Viatom/Wellvue custom software, just for rounding out the notes. Smile Like I said, I'm happy to provide some of the old format files too (plus the converting tool) if that's of any interest in case anyone else happens to have older data they want to import too?

(05-02-2021, 02:05 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Edit:
I tried looking up your device with some success.  Even though the same product is named Viatom in your area of the world and Wellue in my area, you think that the device names would be the same.  .  . Not!  I was guessing the different product name was due to some trademark or licensing restriction, but to use different model names?   Go figure!  -  Big Grin

I know... it's loopy. I'm pretty sure the underlying hardware/firmware is pretty much the same, but who knows. I'm currently a little annoyed because although I've had this for 2 years in June, I've only actually used it for about 6 months during that time on and off, and after 3 months, the "buckle" of the strap snapped (thankfully rescued with some CA glue) and I had to fork out for a new USB cable because the soldering failed on the first one. When I asked them about replacement straps (because the device itself just slots into the strap) they said "oh we don't sell those in Europe" and I wouldn't mind so much but this is a device they're selling for £180 right now (though it was significantly less when I got it, less than £100) and they ARE still selling in Europe... they just don't sell the straps separately. And I'm not just going to dump a fully working device just because their cheap plastic started to perish a little. Such a shame.

Anyway, I'll get on sending you the raw files for the Visual Oxy, let me know if you want the raw files and/or converter for the same raw files generated from the previous (non-pro) version of O2 Insight. I'm pretty sure the data is the same sort of structure, as we discussed earlier, but  OSCAR doesn't handle the time between data points correctly.

Thanks for your time and effort on this software. I don't know what I would do without it!

Edit: Oh, that link isn't working? It's just a download link rather than an upload one. Could you double check it for me? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 77 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.