Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Viatom O2 ring files split up during sleep session
Viatom O2 ring files split up during sleep session
Hello all,
I have been using a Viatom Wellue O2 ring during my sleep since this past December.  Usually the ring creates 1 file per night however on a number of occasions it has created 2 to 3 files per night.  All the files have a header that gives the information for the data in each file.  Only the last file of the night has the 0xFF termination sequence.  There is usually about 1 to 2 minutes between when the previous file stops and the next file starts so there is some missing spO2 and pulse rate info.  I thought it might be happening because I usually wear the ring on my ring finger rather than the index finger that they recommend, however I have had it happen on the index as well.  I also thought that it could be due to my moving my hands around when sleeping but I don't think that this is always the case as I have had the ring stop and start while my hand was motionless just as I was getting to sleep. (I felt the vibration of it starting up again)

The biggest problem for me is that when I import the night's file into OSCAR, I can only 'see' the first file data as I don't know of a way to import the other files that are starting at other times.  Has anybody else had this multiple file problem and if so what did you do about it?  I am thinking about dusting off some Python books and figure how to stitch these files together so that OSCAR will see it as a complete data set for the night's spO2.

I want to give a shout out to all the members and experts here at the apneaboard forums as this has been a tremendous source of information about all things related to sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Viatom O2 ring files split up during sleep session
Just as a tip: I have found by experience it's best to wear the O2Ring rotated 180 degrees around the finger, i.e. "inside". There, the skin is warmer, the device is protected against dislodging and indeed against being scraped against objects.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only time my O2 ring has created a second file is when my sleep period exceeded the ring's 10 hour time limit by 30 minutes. It automatically created a second file which I was able to upload to Oscar after uploading the first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I will give that a try going forward and see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 18 440 04-14-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.2 freezes at Backing up Files Win11 warreparre 1 88 04-01-2024, 04:48 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 920 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 9 895 03-29-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 148 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 156 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,661 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.