Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged]
RE: Vibratory Snore
I purchased a cervical collar at the local pharmacy and last night my sleep was perfect. The vibratory snores showing up in the graph were greatly reduced. The night before I used the collar, the noise from the system was too disruptive for anyone to sleep through the night. I know it seems strange but I set the system to a low of 5 and a high of 10. With the collar in use, I only required 8 as my high pressure throughout the night. All seems well after using the collar so I will see how this goes. The collar helped keep my mouth closed and my chin off my chest while laying on my back. Also, my mask seemed to have no leaks as my face was kind of pushed up and filled up the mask, a real sight I'm sure. Well, thanks for all the suggestions and at this point I think the collar is a good addition but time will tell if I continue to have the same results.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK congrats. If you want, the members can gander at an OSCAR shot if you want.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

.docx   DEC5.docx (Size: 164.59 KB / Downloads: 11)
.docx   DEC5.docx (Size: 164.59 KB / Downloads: 11) After using the cervical collar, my vibratory snores went way down but I still have high AHI readings. I have attached a screenshot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both of your documents are the same file from December 5. It is so much easier and secure if you will attach an image (.png) file using the screenshot function rather than using an image in a Word document. If you still see high AHI in a clustered pattern, then my guess would be you need to upgrade the cervical collar. The drugstore collar works for some, but there is a wider selection of collar heights and sizes online.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
WOW!!!
I thought at around 5 events per hour, my VS2 was very high until I saw your graph.
Glad you figured out a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
HIgh AHI Readings
After noticing high Vibratory snores in the past, I started using the cervical collar and that seemed t work great. Lately, I can't seem to get the AHI readings down to a normal leverl. I have attached a screenshot, I really have no idea what half of the info means. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attached Files
.docx   DEC7CPAP.docx (Size: 168.02 KB / Downloads: 3)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HIgh AHI Readings
Welcome to the board.  You said you had been wearing a collar. You need to get a new one or readjust the one you have. You have a huge amount of positional apnea. The only way yo get rid of it is to keep your chin from dropping down to your sternum. 

Although it looks like you already know about positional apnea please look at the link I have in my signature on collars. If you can get this straightened out your sleep will be so much better. 

Also, I assume you know the dreamstation has been recalled and should not be used.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: HIgh AHI Readings
Thanks for the reply. I will adjust the collar I have or buy a better one. Since the DreamStation should not be used, is there an alternative to waiting for the recall to play out? Should I just buy a new CPAP and just write this one off as a loss? 

Thanks for your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged]
I have merged your two threads since both are the same issues in your therapy. Try to keep to one thread for therapy since that will ensure relevant information stays together. Use screenshot attachments instead of document attachments. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

You need to upgrade your soft cervical collar. You can keep using the Dreamstation, as there is little risk for newer machines that were not exposed to ozone cleaning. Philips has recommended adding an Antibacterial Filter that fits between the machine and tube to filter out any stray particles. It's really up to you if you want to buy a different machine. The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset has a faster response and uses bilevel pressure to make therapy more effective and comfortable. Either machine will require you to correct the chin-tucking.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High AHI, Vibratory Snore [Merged]
Thanks for the advice, I will use a png next time. I'm also going to upgrade my collar and see if this corrects my AHI issue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 125 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 691 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 105 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,416 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.