Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Vivid Dreams is this normal?
Vivid Dreams is this normal?
Hi,
I have had vivid dreams every night for the last couple years. I was without my Phillips machine during the recall, now using the inferior Resvent, IBreeze. Does anyone have the same issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Vivid Dreams is this normal?
Do you find your dreams enjoyable or are they stress dreams, constantly striving to overcome difficulties but never able to?

Or perhaps neither of those.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes!  Using your CPAP allows you to get into a deeper sleep stage where you can "enjoy" dreaming.   Until I started CPAP, I didn't realize that I had ceased to dream.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2023, 07:38 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Do you find your dreams enjoyable or are they stress dreams, constantly striving to overcome difficulties but never able to?

Or perhaps neither of those.
t
The last few weeks the dreams are random, not difficulties, more like strolling through crowded or busy public spaces (not enjoyable or bad, a little confusing). I had no machine for 1.5 years during the Phillips recall (and mistakenly tried positional therapy). Now that I have a new machine, I am not going back to no machine ever.

I am 3 weeks back on CPAP and have had mostly positive results: 

Good
  • The headaches stopped. 
  • I work up aroused, in a male way several mornings in a row! 
  • My daily energy has improved an estimated 20% 
  • My anxiety is lower
Challenges/BAD
  • I may have a future with my family! My wife claims my household chore participation have improved by 50%!

• Still have brain fog, limited brain function and fatigue/exhaustion.
  • My weird dreams and brain fog make me feel like damage is permanent.
  • My eyes went dry (at around 50 YO), so feeling tired and eye fatigue is a double challenge

Thanks in advance for feedback
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2023, 07:40 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Yes!  Using your CPAP allows you to get into a deeper sleep stage where you can "enjoy" dreaming.   Until I started CPAP, I didn't realize that I had ceased to dream.

- Red

Thanks, for the information. Dreaming is fairly new to me, or remembering dreams...
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. 

Before CPAP, I don't remember having dreams for quite a while. My AHI was so bad, I wouldn't reach REM. As a matter of fact, FITBIT sleep-tracker couldn't even track my sleep before CPAP. 

Now that I am on CPAP, I am starting to dream again and FITBIT is tracking a nice 7 hour average sleep per night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2023, 01:34 PM)esleepie Wrote: Same here. 

Before CPAP, I don't remember having dreams for quite a while. My AHI was so bad, I wouldn't reach REM. As a matter of fact, FITBIT sleep-tracker couldn't even track my sleep before CPAP. 

Now that I am on CPAP, I am starting to dream again and FITBIT is tracking a nice 7 hour average sleep per night.

Nice!! Glad to hear it and thanks for the info. I am now more hopeful ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped dreaming for a long time then with covid shutting world down and undiagnosed sleep apnea anxiety was high .  After a while on taking them I started dreaming again . Still on the anxiety meds and with cpap I dream even more ! 

There so detailed and are pretty intense and vivid .

Getting into rem sleep now I imagine
Post Reply Post Reply
_ hi, 
-that is interesting issue. I used to and still have some remaining vivid bad dreams, which wake me up quite often. 
_Currently using some Dreamwork trying to work out everything
_ first, I am curious and  I would like to see OSCAR wave forms..

all the best

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 324 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 464 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 224 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  erratic flow rate graph on ASV normal? jaredihnen 2 287 01-24-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jaredihnen
  Frequent hiccups in flow rate. Normal? JulieK 19 1,754 11-28-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: PunchIt
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 903 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  [CPAP] Airsense P11 hose-dry function ends with loud burst - normal? jharuni 5 783 10-13-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: jharuni

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.